Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Micro SD Card? UHS-II?

Reaction score
Website
www.precisionaerialsllc.com
So I am using a Class 10 U3 UHS-I Samsung Pro+ Micro SD with my inspire. Are UHSII even possible with the Inspire 2? I read that a few people got some smaller Lexar cards to work (I think) but I bought the 128gb version a while ago and it would not recognize it.

Otherwise I will be fine and happy with my Samsung Card.

Last edited:
So I am using a Class 10 U3 UHS-I Samsung Pro+ Micro SD with my inspire. Are UHSII even possible with the Inspire 2? I read that a few people got some smaller Lexar cards to work (I think) but I bought the 128gb version a while ago and it would not recognize it.

Otherwise I will be fine and happy with my Samsung Card.

also curious about UHS II Support, none of the officially supported cards for the X5S are UHSII

@Advexure - do you know if the extra speed of UHS II is supported with the I2?

also curious about UHS II Support, none of the officially supported cards for the X5S are UHSII

@Advexure - do you know if the extra speed of UHS II is supported with the I2?

I've used a Lexar that is UHS-2 without problem. DJI does recommend UH-3. With that being said, I tried a Lexar 64GB UH-3 (Lexar's 1800X version) in an I2 a few weeks back and the I2 would not recognize it, however in a Mavic it worked without issue. So not sure what's up there (it is not on the compatible list but I'm not sure why it would work with Mavic and not I2).

I've used a Lexar that is UHS-2 without problem.

UHS II cards are backwards compatible, but not all reader/writers support the extra pins(faster speeds) of UHS II, Can the i2 write to this card any faster than a UHS I (U3) card? i havent seen a good answer if the i2 supports the extra pins of UHS II , since i didn't see any of these cards on the official supported sd card list i wasn't sure. is there any added benefit over the cards that read/write at 95MBs? higher bitrate of the end product?

UHS II cards are backwards compatible, but not all reader/writers support the extra pins(faster speeds) of UHS II, Can the i2 write to this card any faster than a UHS I (U3) card? i havent seen a good answer if the i2 supports the extra pins of UHS II , since i didn't see any of these cards on the official supported sd card list i wasn't sure. is there any added benefit over the cards that read/write at 95MBs? higher bitrate of the end product?

If you have a compatible card reader, then you transfer your photos and movies much faster to your computer. One big benefit for me..

If you have a compatible card reader, then you transfer your photos and movies much faster to your computer. One big benefit for me..
Yeah that's a positive, but a sandisk support tech once told me that if you use their UHS II card in a UHS I device that doesn't have the extra pins, it reverts down to a slower bus speed. I tested it, and the UHS II card performed about 40% worst than there normal UHS I 95mb/s card. So watch out for that.

Yeah that's a positive, but a sandisk support tech once told me that if you use their UHS II card in a UHS I device that doesn't have the extra pins, it reverts down to a slower bus speed. I tested it, and the UHS II card performed about 40% worst than there normal UHS I 95mb/s card. So watch out for that.

As I said .. If you have a compatible card reader ... ;)

I just bought a Sandisk 120GB mSDXC-card at 275MB/100MB/s. It can´t be fast enough.. :)
Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-II Card | SanDisk

As I said .. If you have a compatible card reader ... ;)

I just bought a Sandisk 120GB mSDXC-card at 275MB/100MB/s. It can´t be fast enough.. :)
Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-II Card | SanDisk

Yeah sorry my reply didn't work as planned, I was trying to reply to patrickp also lol. I was agreeing its much better for pulling footage off onto the computer, but if the inspire doesn't have the extra pins, it might not work as well as other cards. I'd love to know if the I2 is a a UHS-II or I

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth