Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best online 107 course recommendation?

Reaction score
Hi my 333 is nearing its expiration so I'm looking at transferring over to the 107 so as the subject says can anyone recommend the best online course for the test? Thank you!

I can suggest Drone U. My wife and I are members. We got it for her to study for the 107. I'm a current rated pilot so it was easy for me to get the 107 add on. I think it's worth it not just for the 107 piece but also for the added courses in cinematography, photography, business side etc etc. pretty decent material. You can view much of it without the membership. If you study quickly you could do it in a month or two of dues. Our dues are $40 something a month. They may have raised them a little though. Great and informative podcast also. Anyway, I'm not affiliated in any manner except as stated above.

I highly recommend drone pilot ground school. The instructor's name is Alan. Every time I've asked any questions he was there immediately with incredible amount of help. Once you sign up for it you have total access forever. It was one of the best learning experiences I have ever had. look into it. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: RMartin
We suggest Jason Schappert's course (www.RemotePilot101.com) to all those that ask us for a Part 107 preparation course. Jason is very well versed in what the FAA requires and is constantly adding to the course based on feedback from his students. All of us here did our prep with Jason's course and can highly recommend it.

**Edit: RemotePilot101.com is also a sponsor of the InspirePilots forum so you are supporting a business that contributes to maintaining the upkeep of the forum :)

Reactions: Bigdz and PB30X
I used PhantomKnowledge.com The guy has been making IT training videos for years and got into DJI's a few years ago. Makes great videos in-depth videos on all Phantom drones. As others stated, I am only a satisfied customer. He also provides several free videos to see if you like the format.

If you are good at memorizing I recommend the "Remote Pilot" app by ASA. I used them for other FAA ratings (including the ATP written exam) with success. It's reasonable priced and the data base is updated on a regular base.

I only completed the 8th grade, so you can imagine my fear of trying to pass the 107, I took one look at the charts and almost soiled my linen.. I was one of those kids who could not pass anything and always got left behind... I took Jason's 101remotePilot course and I passed with a very comfortable margin (I didn't just squeak by..) Also, I can always go back to the course and go to the resource menu to guide me on filling for waivers and authorizations... Since I have gotten my Certificate, I still go on the 101RP site to make sure I am dealing in the correct manner with the FAA before I seek anything from them.. In short.. if you want to pass the exam : go with Jason's 101RepotePilot course ..

Reactions: Bigdz
I used the Remotepilot101 course and it was a great purchase and I can use it over and over. The sections are broken down into easy to understand bite sized topics with test questions to further improve retention. Great product and I easily passed the FAA 107 test.

UAV Coach | Online Drone Training
Alan Pearlman's site is updated frequently as new issues are resolved and his content continues to grow. I took my Part 107 exam last September and he has added a lot of new content since then. You have access to all content for life for the cost of the course.
I'll add my endorsement for Alan's course too. I used it back in September. Had no prior written pilot training, and was very concerned about how I'd do on the test. Passed with only a few wrong. I give Alan's course full credit. Since then I've found him to be very helpful/responsive, and find his newsletter emails useful. Sounds like there are several good sources of training out there.

Reactions: RMartin
Hi my 333 is nearing its expiration so I'm looking at transferring over to the 107 so as the subject says can anyone recommend the best online course for the test? Thank you!
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but if you currently have a 333 that means you must already be a manned aviation pilot. With this being the case I highly doubt you need a full 107 school. Just go take the FAA online quiz (30 questions IIRC). For anyone with an aviation background it's very basic material.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but if you currently have a 333 that means you must already be a manned aviation pilot. With this being the case I highly doubt you need a full 107 school. Just go take the FAA online quiz (30 questions IIRC). For anyone with an aviation background it's very basic material.
They could also be contracting a PIC for the records. And you are right. ALC-451 was really easy compared to the 107 exam.

I'll also recommend RemotePilot101 - I can't compare to the other courses because I didn't use them - but I would definitely give two thumbs up for Jason's course. I studied for 3 days and easily passed it. The key was the practice tests. You can take them as many times as you want and most of the questions were on the actual test.

Remote Pilot 101 is fantastic. I highly recommend! They are great at answering email questions, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu