Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best propellers for inspire 1

Reaction score
What’s the best propellers everyone is using for the inspire.

I’ve read tons about how bad the prop lock ones are.

Is it best to use the self tight propellers with prop locks

Or upgrade to xoar propellers.

Want to hear from everyone’s thoughts.

Well from my point of view, self tightening props with prop locks are still the best. But they are probably a bit noisier than quick release props. My setup is such that I never take my props off for transport, so it is a case of take the Inspire out of it's foam base, and switch it on, so quick release and install is not an attraction to me. And I still am of the opinion that self tightening props are more securely fitted - as long as the prop locks are checked each time. I do replace the props and prop locks every 10 hours of flying (sometimes sooner depending on flight conditions).

Reactions: Garbear75
Thank you for your reply.

From researching self tightening and prop locks are safer then the quick disconnect props.

I finally got a inspire 1 v1 but don’t want the death of it over some cheap prop locks that kinda works.

I have the first gen self tightening and installed on it are first gen quick props that I took off right away as tabs can break.

The second gen quick props have issues with the red props.

This is why I posted this thread.

Also reading carbon fiber props can cause vibration on the craft so kinda hard to balance them in a way.

Just wanted everyone’s opinion on what’s best.

DJI actually recommend quick release props and are making self tightening props harder to get all the time, and in fairness I think the current QR props are pretty good. But I am not convinced that they are as safe as the self tightening props with prop locks. When I first got an Inspire 1 just after they were first released, there were no prop locks and a few did spin props off under heavy braking, hence the introduction of prop locks...and since then they have been very good. Quick Release props were mainly introduced as a good prop that made it much more convenient for those who assembled and disassembled the Inspire each flight because they stored and carried it in it's case, and it won't fit with props installed. I have never done that as I made a foam cutout that made it very protected whilst carrying the whole setup in the back of the car ready to fly. If you can transport it assembled, just use self tightening props.

Reactions: Garbear75
I just order the 1345LS kit I like how they fixed the lock on them

I saw the 1345s and didn’t like that and I’m still on the self tightening and had the second version 1345s I was like really just 4 tabs to hold it on!!

I do store my inspire back in the case.

Thank you for your time!!

I really wanted to get the folding ones from drone supplies Florida but 300 usd for 4 propellers!!!

Inspire 1 Folding Props by Heliengadin

Last edited:
I just order the 1345LS kit I like how they fixed the lock on them

I saw the 1345s and didn’t like that and I’m still on the self tightening and had the second version 1345s I was like really just 4 tabs to hold it on!!

I do store my inspire back in the case.

Thank you for your time!!

I really wanted to get the folding ones from drone supplies Florida but 300 usd for 4 propellers!!!

Inspire 1 Folding Props by Heliengadin
search around ive seen a full set of folding props for under 200usd

The original self tightening props with prop locks are still the safest.
They are the only system that offers a level of redundancy. In aviation redundancy is everything.

The quick fit props have cams that wear and eventually become not fit for purpose/fail.

This subject has been debated to death on the forum already and ultimately only you can decide what you feel happy with on your airframe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry