Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best way to level Inspire 1

Reaction score
I would like to know how you guys level your Inspire 1 for IMU calibrations and/or gimbal calibrations. I want to know the most efficient way to quickly level the Inspire 1 when you're out in the field, where finding a level granite counter-top is not going to work.

Thanks!

I would like to know how you guys level your Inspire 1 for IMU calibrations and/or gimbal calibrations. I want to know the most efficient way to quickly level the Inspire 1 when you're out in the field, where finding a level granite counter-top is not going to work.
Thanks!

Normally the IMU calibration is done at home, and only done once, or perhaps when the firmware is changed. I would never try to level the thing at the field. Compass calibration can be done at the field

I only ever do an IMU calibration at home in a known good position.
Same with compass calibration. I have never had to do a compass calibration in the field and never want to for the risk of a skewed result.
These are my personal flying preferences. Some people like to calibrate every time they change their battery or change their mind......I don't!

Reactions: m1ch1gan
I only ever do an IMU calibration at home in a known good position.
Same with compass calibration. I have never had to do a compass calibration in the field and never want to for the risk of a skewed result.
These are my personal flying preferences. Some people like to calibrate every time they change their battery or change their mind......I don't!
Do you IMU calibrate on a spirit levelled board like me at ground level away from metal objects like me?
Or do you have another way of doing it?

Do you IMU calibrate on a spirit levelled board like me at ground level away from metal objects like me?
Or do you have another way of doing it?
IMU calibration done on a level table. (Being away from metal objects etc not important for that bit...only compass cal affected by metal)
Compass calibration done in an area of my garden I have used for the past couple of years and I know is a good spot free from magnetic influences etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08