Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Big Brother will be watching - Big Time!! (USA)

Reaction score
For those of you, like me, with an interest in drones for photography … take a look at what is coming.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2019-28100.pdf

Unbelievable … 319 pages !!

If they’re going to require ADS-B out for drones, why not make it for any drones flying above 400 ft., or those applying for waivers to fly in controlled airspace …

Imagine what your TCAS will look like when all drones have ADS-B out ??

And what about the problem w. limited numbers of ADS-B towers and little low-altitude coverage .. thousands more towers??

After 12/31/19 you can ‘comment’ on the proposed rule here: Public Inspection: Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems

I urge you to pass this around, and consider commenting …

Reaction score
I guess we are somebody now.

So much for class H airspace, This will probably make things a little safer perhaps. But our little drone world is going to change a lot it seems.

The Editor

Staff member
Reaction score
For those of you, like me, with an interest in drones for photography … take a look at what is coming.

If they’re going to require ADS-B out for drones, why not make it for any drones flying above 400 ft., or those applying for waivers to fly in controlled airspace …

And what about the problem w. limited numbers of ADS-B towers and little low-altitude coverage .. thousands more towers??

After 12/31/19 you can ‘comment’ on the proposed rule here: Public Inspection: Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems

I have added ‘USA’ to your title since it is not pertinent to the rest of the world.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Reaction score
I have added ‘USA’ to your title since it is not pertinent to the rest of the world.
We in Europe will have similar rules soon.. crazy!

Reaction score

Should you decide to comment, you may want to choose your words carefully, as you may find yourself with a Target on your back.
Just some food for thought. 😉

Last edited:
Reaction score

well, it states towards the front that ADS-B Out will not be permitted, nor a transponder.

a lot to read-and this is a NPRM, not a final rule

Reaction score
They are making rules for the drones that will be in the future delivering packages and such. If there are a lot of drones by random fliers, it would be more dangerous. If we are piloting a real plane, it would suck to hit one and crash. It would make sense that being able to detect drones in the air as a good thing. Unless you have a job that is near an airport and they question you to death or fine you, then it would suck to have it. There are a bunch of drones that have lost control as they are unreliable. Any drone can become unreliable for many reasons. With the latest drones it can increase confidence and you can feel as though you can bring it home no problem but the reality is, it can still lose control of itself.

Personally, none of my DJI drones have failed me. The Mavic Mini, 249g, the one where registration is not required have a lot of flyaway reports.

Way back, DIY drones and early expensive drones weren't so reliable. It was scary to fly even 200m but w/ the drones now, at least with the expensive reliable DJI drones and solid flying procedures, you can go 500m and feel as though it's 50m away.

Some people don't like showing their ID. They don't even want to give their name out at times. I'm so transparent w/ all of this that I have high-level endorsements on my driver's license such as Hazmat where you can transport nuclear weapons.

Reaction score
I have only read the new proposed rules to page 89. This is a huge document. I am a bit stunned to that they have included Class G in the mix. Here in MT I have a lot of flights that are nowhere near an airfield and are flown less than 150' AGL. And to add to the problem(s) with their new rules is that there are a lot of areas where internet connections are zero. Examples are on USFS and BLM lands where the mountains totally eliminate cell and internet use. There are a lot of issues with this new proposal. I hope that they will deal with reality and this is not a way to simply get rid of UASs.

Reactions: Black Sky
Reaction score
I have only read the new proposed rules to page 89. This is a huge document. I am a bit stunned to that they have included Class G in the mix. Here in MT I have a lot of flights that are nowhere near an airfield and are flown less than 150' AGL. And to add to the problem(s) with their new rules is that there are a lot of areas where internet connections are zero. Examples are on USFS and BLM lands where the mountains totally eliminate cell and internet use. There are a lot of issues with this new proposal. I hope that they will deal with reality and this is not a way to simply get rid of UASs.
They just want to find ways on how to keep the skies safe. When BTC was on the rise they were proposing how people need to declare the assets for tax purposes or people are subject to fines. Now, they were saying how you can declare the losses. I've lost big by staying in and kept the documents but never declared it to the tax.

Reaction score

Whilst the main document is over 300 pages, the link below summarizes it pretty well. Gives you the link to make comments to the FAA as well.

The FAA Proposed Rule On Remote Identification Will Kill Drone Flying

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
POT82ES