Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Big Horn Mountains, 18,000+ft flight at 12,000ft (3000m) elevation

Reaction score
Website
www.astrosphereproductions.com
I set the Alarm for 4:10am to go Inspire flying this morning. The weather was perfect, not even a huff of wind. I have found that wind reduces the range of the Inspire, so this morning was great for a long range flight. I think I could have gone even further, but, I need to change the setting for maximum elevation above takeoff. The inspire app stopped me from climbing any higher when I reached 1600ft above takeoff. If I could have climbed higher I could have maintained line of sight for a longer distance.

I also had quite a technical challenge getting the inspire to launch. The app reported a compass error, and insisted that I calibrate before takeoff. I tried calibrating the compass at least 10 times with no success. I realized that the rocks in the mountain I was trying to take off from were rich in metals. I got a green ok to fly light when I powered up the Inspire while holding it up over my head, but as soon as I set it on the ground the compass went back to error again. So I held the inspire over my head with one hand and armed the motors with the remote using my other hand. As I removed my hand, the Inspires motors speed up and it hovered as I dropped my arm. So I had to hand launch the inspire in order to fly this morning. I did a second flight from the same place the same way.

Have Fun,
Chuggie

Great shots! Are you filming in 1080p here or at 4k?

Also, thanks for the good tips, I am going to be shooting in the iron range in Mn soon so now I'll have a plan it that happens to me.

Great shots! Are you filming in 1080p here or at 4k?

Also, thanks for the good tips, I am going to be shooting in the iron range in Mn soon so now I'll have a plan it that happens to me.

I filmed in 4K but then rendered at 1080P for YouTube. The Iron Range of MN has some of the oldest rocks on the planet at over 4 billion years, it should be exciting, and I look forward to seeing your video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips