Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Black Edition Arrived Today

Got the TMotor 14x4.8 CF props on Amazon. LP adapters from Lynh Phan.
Let's us know your thoughts about the carbon fiber props. I'm flying on my original DJI 1345s set and have another in backup but, if they offer a significant advantage I would consider them but, at ~$140/full set they seem a little pricy.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
The last things where you want to save money are the props ;)

Chris
No question! I agree and I'm asking more about their advantages over the stock 1345s (in my case). Like most guys, I would love for my kit to be all carbon fiber black but, I also want my expenses to reflect actual perceivable advantages and not just massaging my own ego.

I have went from plastic to CF on 2 rigs over the years. They dont flex and cause inconsistant flight like plastic ones do. The give you more precise flight. This was especially noticable on my QAV 250 which was very agile. For my TA Matrix the flight was awesome and were CF from the start. Those were 15" I believe and $100 a set so $250 with the adapters is not horrible. :)

I use the T-Motor props (18 x 6.1 and 17 x 5.8) on my X8 birds. Expensive but seem to work quite well. How do the 14s fair on the Inspire? Curious to know how they compare to the newer Inspire props. The T-motor props are obviously rigid by comparison to the semi-flexible stock props. That should provide a noticeable difference to control and image stability. Good or bad, I am not sure.

I really like the locking mechanism on the new Inspire props. No way they're getting loose.

I use the T-Motor props (18 x 6.1 and 17 x 5.8) on my X8 birds. Expensive but seem to work quite well. How do the 14s fair on the Inspire? Curious to know how they compare to the newer Inspire props. The T-motor props are obviously rigid by comparison to the semi-flexible stock props. That should provide a noticeable difference to control and image stability. Good or bad, I am not sure.

I really like the locking mechanism on the new Inspire props. No way they're getting loose.

I love the 14x4.8's. They are measurably quieter. I find them noticeably smoother in flight for AP vs plastic (wind gusts kick around the Inspire, the CF's seem to slice through ). I fly them almost exclusively. Plastic for close quarters or indoors of course.

Hi Damon,

Love your new setup. Quick question, do you really need the prop adapter between the motor and the prop? Or can you just clamp down the prop directly to the motor with just the top prop plate? Thanks in advance.

Hi Damon,

Love your new setup. Quick question, do you really need the prop adapter between the motor and the prop? Or can you just clamp down the prop directly to the motor with just the top prop plate? Thanks in advance.

Yes, or

a) you will get harmful resonance and

b) its a permanent mount solution where the props stay on all the time or you mount (screw on) each flight and if no thread lock is used you risk a lose prop or if thread lock is used, the wear and tear on the mount holes and chances of old dried thread lock gumming up a motor are a risk.

There are probably other reasons as well but those are notable.

Spend the money if you are going carbon fiber I would say.

Reactions: ATU
Sorry to ask if this has already been addressed previously but could you explain the part about the harmful resonance? I have seen this video below featuring the XOAR CF props and at 3:55 you can clearly see they are attached directly to the motors with no issues.

I get the part about thread lock and wear and tear, but if prop adapters must be used to avoid resonance issues, then how tall must these adapters be? Can I just use spare t-motor prop plates (same ones as the top) in between the prop and the motor?

Sorry to ask if this has already been addressed previously but could you explain the part about the harmful resonance? I have seen this video below featuring the XOAR CF props and at 3:55 you can clearly see they are attached directly to the motors with no issues.

I get the part about thread lock and wear and tear, but if prop adapters must be used to avoid resonance issues, then how tall must these adapters be? Can I just use spare t-motor prop plates (same ones as the top) in between the prop and the motor?

Resonance isn't something you can see easily with the naked eye but it can cause vibrations at certain speeds that can adversely affect the props, airframe and cause artifacting in aerial video. Properly engineered hubs can limit resonance and its transfer to the airframe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1