Black Shading/ Noise compensation

Reaction score
Hey guys... Just wondering.

whenever I'm shooting I get a serious amount of static noise on the camera. Is there a way to black shade/ noise reduce the camera by callibration, or is this a purely post production artifact.

Hey guys... Just wondering.

whenever I'm shooting I get a serious amount of static noise on the camera. Is there a way to black shade/ noise reduce the camera by callibration, or is this a purely post production artifact.

Are you talking about the over-exposure zebra stripes in the tablet video, or is this something else that records onto the card?

Something that records onto the card. It looks like a static layer of chroma based noise that doesn't move with the frame. I wouldn't mind if it was dynamic noise but it's like a weird layer. DNR does make it go away but also softens the footage.

Something that records onto the card. It looks like a static layer of chroma based noise that doesn't move with the frame. I wouldn't mind if it was dynamic noise but it's like a weird layer. DNR does make it go away but also softens the footage.

What editor are you using? There have been reports that Aperture shows a lot of dead pixel information that is not there with Photoshop or Lightroom.

Does it show up when you play the video in windows media player? I know my premiere downgrades the footage and makes this happen with Premiere playback.

I don't have WMP, I'm on a mac. But yeah it appears in quicktime. Though today's footage seems to have it less pronounced so I'm not even sure if I'm imaginging things or not.