Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to change SSD label from A### to B### ?

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
Hey fellas,

I'm wondering is there a way to change the internal label of inspire 1 SSD card? By default every card is creating a dng file name starting with "A" letter followed by unique number 0112 and then number of take C001 :
DJI_A0112_C001_

Is there a way to change the letter A to any other letter I want?
So DJI_A0112_ to become DJI_B0112_ ?

Thanks!

Hey fellas,

I'm wondering is there a way to change the internal label of inspire 1 SSD card? By default every card is creating a dng file name starting with "A" letter followed by unique number 0112 and then number of take C001 :
DJI_A0112_C001_

Is there a way to change the letter A to any other letter I want?
So DJI_A0112_ to become DJI_B0112_ ?

Thanks!
I have also dealt with this conundrum in the DJI space. My issue has been more with the folder naming convention (as opposed to files). Every time I use my MicroSD card and then format it, DJI (P4P) names the new folder "101MEDIA." Some jobs I need to parse out the photo files (or video files) into different folders. If I simply format the card, it will just start the naming over with "101MEDIA". But if I *delete* the folder, the folder will increment to "102MEDIA" and so on.

What I haven't tried yet is simply renaming an existing folder. I imagine this would work, too.

I know this isn't the solution you're asking for, but this may be a workaround - at least for now.

D

Yeah, I had same troubles in the past but in this case I don't care about the MOV files but the cinema dng sequence naming. I'm in a show where the DIT asks every SSD to have a "normal" labeling of the card/roll incorporated in the filename structure.
I have 3 SSD's and they produce files that all have the "A" letter for labeling the card/roll. Good thing is that there is unique number following the "A" letter but it could be much better if this can be adjusted by the user.
Here's example what name every SSD produce:
1st SSD - DJI_A01242_blabla.dng
1st SSD - DJI_A04261_blabla.dng
1st SSD - DJI_A10564_blabla.dng
Because of this they have to put in the camera reports the whole name which is furstrating especially when we have hundreds of takes for the whole day, and the script reports are made by hand. For the RED cameras they use simply card "A", "B", "C", "D" and etc. So far we are doing it by taking only the few first numbers after the "A" symbol and put them in the camera report for a roll/card label:
A01
A04
A10

This works so far but will be much better if the letter can be changed.

Yeah, I had same troubles in the past but in this case I don't care about the MOV files but the cinema dng sequence naming. I'm in a show where the DIT asks every SSD to have a "normal" labeling of the card/roll incorporated in the filename structure.
I have 3 SSD's and they produce files that all have the "A" letter for labeling the card/roll. Good thing is that there is unique number following the "A" letter but it could be much better if this can be adjusted by the user.
Here's example what name every SSD produce:
1st SSD - DJI_A01242_blabla.dng
1st SSD - DJI_A04261_blabla.dng
1st SSD - DJI_A10564_blabla.dng
Because of this they have to put in the camera reports the whole name which is furstrating especially when we have hundreds of takes for the whole day, and the script reports are made by hand. For the RED cameras they use simply card "A", "B", "C", "D" and etc. So far we are doing it by taking only the few first numbers after the "A" symbol and put them in the camera report for a roll/card label:
A01
A04
A10

This works so far but will be much better if the letter can be changed.
I don’t believe there is a way to do this on the X5R. You can change the letters in the folder/file names on the I2 like you can on Red cameras which was notable to me when I first transitioned from the I1 to the I2.

I would also caution that changing the file and folder names after import to a computer can have unexpected consequences. Those file and folder names are the way they are for a reason so that an editing program will identify them as an image sequence and puts them in the frames in the correct order. If you want to organize them differently you need to do so with enclosing folders and leave the original folders and files alone. This has caused me multiple issues in the past before I understood what was happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo