Brand New Aircraft from DJI (Matrix 100)

I do have sense of humour, I did read your post twice before commenting on it, it does not give any hint of humour, mainly bashing the DJI.
I was expecting that Staff members are more responsible on posting in this forum. yes everyone is different, I took that way others can or can not.

I know some people that can build you a bridge for a very affordable price.

As a DJI Authorized Dealer, we are able confirm the release of the Matrix 100 flying platform for June 15th, 2015. Many have commented about the purpose of the new quad and X5 Gimbal with respect to the Inspire 1 and this platform is just that, a platform. DJI will be releasing modules and systems to fully customize the functional abilities of the quad for professional industries (Agriculture, SAR, Construction, etc...). For more details on the Matrix 100 and module release times, you can stay updated HERE. http://bit.ly/1GBDBj6

Last edited:
@Aerial Media Pros I'm sure you wont have the product on your store for long. All dealers were emailed by DJI and told to remove it from their site. It was not supposed to be released yet.

The hyperlink on the Matrix 100 don't workies...

I also love my Inspire and all my DJI products but I live in the real world and all their products to date (pretty much without exception) have had more than their fare share of problems.
That might be a thing of the past.
The Inspire's little brother looks like it just might be breaking that trend.

That might be a thing of the past.
The Inspire's little brother looks like it just might be breaking that trend.
Are you talking about the Matrix here?
A platform that hasn't been released yet on a firmware that hasn't been finalized yet to a public that haven't got their gorilla fists on it yet and DJI have already made a mistake on it's marketing release?
If I were you I wouldn't take all your money to Vegas or buy a lottery ticket just yet

I would love to be proved so wrong on this but have seen and been part of the track record to date......

Reactions: Ibflyen
No ... not the Matrix. It's no little brother and hasn't been released yet.
DJI's most recent product release seems to have been free of the troubles that people have come to expect.

No ... not the Matrix. It's no little brother and hasn't been released yet.
DJI's most recent product release seems to have been free of the troubles that people have come to expect.

I assume you mean the P3? Its had its share of issues from what I hear as well.

I WILL NOT be an early buyer in light of the experience the Inspire 1 turned into...

I'll pencil in Oct 15th or so and see if this new Bird turned into the same fluster cuck the Inspire 1 was... or not...
Released in late Nov as I recall... I finally had a "good one" in hand in mid April... (first one was bricked by a flash failure)

That said... And in light of the issues i have encountered attempting to adapt my 2nd bird to do crop survey work...
(Hanging 12oz of twin cameras, controller and custom mount under the Inspire 1 with it's ground sensor and moving gear in the way has turned into a not easily done near CG or even advisable based on the "now known to be fragile" landing gear...)

The Matrix DOES have my interest as a much better platform to adapt to what I need... for aerial crop survey using my current crop camera pair...
I need the DJI SDK support to use 3rd party apps to drive the bird... the promise of this is what lead me to the Inspire in the first place...

And I will say the Inspire is a fine VIDEO and STILLS Drone using the supplied camera...
it does that job to my satisfaction... (once I got a good one)

What I really need now is a 2nd "pickup truck" drone like they seem to have designed here with the Matrix...
The HUGE question now is... WHEN and IF they will deliver on all the promises made...

If history repeats itself... Mid October is the earliest I will even consider this Bird for purchase to add to the fleet...
My $3K bricked (now spare parts for #2) lesson learned... has taught me DO NOT rush out and buy from DJI until the bugs are worked out...

Last edited:
I assume you mean the P3? Its had its share of issues from what I hear as well.
I've been monitoring it pretty closely and the P3 rollout is remarkable free of the kind of glitches that people expect with a new DJI release.
A few new pilots doing dopey beginner stuff but no systematic issues reported so far.

I've been monitoring it pretty closely and the P3 rollout is remarkable free of the kind of glitches that people expect with a new DJI release.
A few new pilots doing dopey beginner stuff but no systematic issues reported so far.

General quality issues and high rates of returns are what I'm hearing.

That's all great if it actually does what they say it can do when it ships. UNLIKE the Inspire 1 which still doesn't have the point of interest tracking advertized as functioning pre-sale...

But hey, we now have a "Video editor" built into the app.

COME ON DJI, let's get functioning what you said was functioning before the sale, then work on extra software toys.

Has the M100 been released? Don't think so. It is on the way for sure but nothing has been physically shipped, or has it?

Not sure if Crash and Avoidance (CA) is part of the packaged M100. . . .

Thinking the M100 is platform only. The CA product would probably have to be purchased separately? What do you Thinks?