Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Brand New Aircraft from DJI (Matrix 100)

DJI guys say it's intended to be focused on SDK developers, search and rescue, scientific, agricultural and other non-cinematography use cases.

Note that the landing gear doesn't retract, making video shots without it in frame the exception.

DJI guys say it's intended to be focused on SDK developers, search and rescue, scientific, agricultural and other non-cinematography use cases.

Note that the landing gear doesn't retract, making video shots without it in frame the exception.
This makes sense. Now that there is more info it looks less and less interesting. If everything is plug and play with DJI accessories only it is just another of the same. I like the original S-line that we could put our own accessories on.

Reactions: skylabimaging
This makes sense. Now that there is more info it looks less and less interesting. If everything is plug and play with DJI accessories only it is just another of the same. I like the original S-line that we could put our own accessories on.

I agree with ya, the more I read about it the more I just kept thinking I would rather build one for those purposes than buy this.

I do like the open source and long flight times. I wonder the top flight speed compared to the i1!?

My issue is its still a quad this could be better served as an x8 with redundancy.

I slightly disagree with you @Mazz, I see this as more of another step forward for Joe Schmoe to dip into a more complex platform with once again guesswork removed, with connections setup and ready for all the dji accessories (which we should all know won't be released with this aircraft and will have to wait:p) and its 40min flight time (hover time indoor is probably how they tested it) they say is with no payload. Curious about more specs though.

The one thing I did notice is they said you could mount what's called the x5 camera gimbal system, not sure if that was an error and they meant x3 but it could be the next camera for the inspire, so possibly good news for inspire owners here tooo_O
x5 is DJI's high end gimbal, I think you can go as big as a 5D mark III on it.

Rafa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys..... What are you getting excited for?

Have you all not got used to DJI marketing yet????
The launch will not happen for months yet.....

Like the Phantom, and the the H3-2D, and the H3-3D, and the Inspire.

Then, once released, it will have to have wobbly arms, then it will have to pass the garage door test.
After that, there needs to be a quick firmware patch to try and address the issues because although released later than advertised it was still too early and not ready for market.
Then new props must be engineered, then throw in some spurious firmware updates that will brick a large percentage of Matrix 100's.
The longer flight times will not be available until a larger battery is available and these will take months to filter into dealers. Only after a further firmware update will the Matrix 100 hold GPS and people will by this time start getting very disgruntled that not all the features advertised were available at launch.

A week later the Neo 6 will be announced that will have 80% of the features and technology available on the Matrix 100 but will only cost 1/2 the price.

A lot of Matrix 100 owners will get angry at this but there is no need to worry as although they have been waiting patiently for all the problems on their 100's to be sorted, DJI have cleverly sorted everything out by pulling all the tech guys off the 100 project to work on........The Matrix 200.

Now, the Matrix 200 is the one you have been waiting for!!!!!!

As soon as it's announced for release, it will be late and and it will come with wobbly arms and................. Oh well you get the idea. :rolleyes:

Then, once released, it will have to have wobbly arms, then it will have to pass the garage door test.
After that, there needs to be a quick firmware patch to try and address the issues because although released later than advertised it was still too early and not ready for market.
Then new props must be engineered, then throw in some spurious firmware updates that will brick a large percentage of Matrix 100's.
The longer flight times will not be available until a larger battery is available and these will take months to filter into dealers. Only after a further firmware update will the Matrix 100 hold GPS and people will by this time start getting very disgruntled that not all the features advertised were available at launch.

A week later the Neo 6 will be announced that will have 80% of the features and technology available on the Matrix 100 but will only cost 1/2 the price.

A lot of Matrix 100 owners will get angry at this but there is no need to worry as although they have been waiting patiently for all the problems on their 100's to be sorted, DJI have cleverly sorted everything out by pulling all the tech guys off the 100 project to work on........The Matrix 200.

As soon as it's announced for release, it will be late and and it will come with wobbly arms and................. Oh well you get the idea. :rolleyes:

Called it...totally called it

Reactions: Black Sky

can't believe you are staff member of this forum !

Reactions: GoodnNuff
can't believe you are staff member of this forum !
I can't believe you do not have a sense of humor! Its called sarcasm.

But we are all different I guess.

Perhaps I should clear something up. I neither work, nor have I previously worked for DJI or any affiliated company.
I also do not have a dealership or any other shackles or loyalty program or incentives from DJI.

I also love my Inspire and all my DJI products but I live in the real world and all their products to date (pretty much without exception) have had more than their fare share of problems.

We all need our share of light heartedness and if it means pokeing fun occasionaly at the company we have all helped make into a billion dollar empire then that's fine by me.

Last edited:
The dji matrix 100 looks like a cross between the turbo ace matrix and a 3dr 8x+ with similar options. .
Does the matrix 100 come with a camera and gimble or is that an option? ?
Looking at my inspire I still think its cooler than the matrix 100 ..
I wonder what accessories will be available and what their functions will be??
What will the overall price be when fully equipped with all the goodies be??
Any ideas??

Last edited:
Reactions: sirnikolas
Interesting...i'm sure this will eventually open the door for Object Avoidance on the Inspire "2" or an upgrade for the Phantom. I think they are working top down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters