Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Brand New "Replacement" Camera (No Signal/Feed)!!!!!!!!!!

You did sir lol. Me being a simple retired Marine Grunt, I need visuals haha. Needless to say that didn't work.

HOWEVER today's firmware update during my lunch break did the trick! Let's just see how it holds, as now I'm sceptical. Never had a single issue with my Phantom 3 Professional but nothing but issues with my Inspire 1 since breaking the seal on the box. Go figure that I work at Northrop Grumman with the F35 and the Globalhawk & Nighthawk drones, but these personal ones kick my butt...
View attachment 4933
Glad you're up and running again. :)

Wouldn't you know it...something ELSE is wrong now. My feed is back and looking great but when I go to snap a photo or video either with the buttons or by tapping the screen, the shutter icon spins for a while in both photo/video modes and then the screen goes blue, then to a black screen with the DJI logo, and then back to my live feed. When I check to see if the photo or video took by chance, it says "SD CARD EMPTY" and has an SD Card Icon with a blue line through it. I have formatted 3 different cards successfully through the craft now...all with the exact same results. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:eek:So any idea on what would cause the X3 to not record photos or videos to "any" formatted SD card I install?
This sounds possibly like a faulty MicroSD card socket within the camera (there have been a few cases of these).
You can try a good quality switch cleaner like Deoxit sprayed directly on the card contacts and insert and remove the card a few times to clean the socket pins.
It also wouldn't do any harm to do the same to the gimbal mounting plate as well. Those connection pins are VERY fragile.

This sounds possibly like a faulty MicroSD card socket within the camera (there have been a few cases of these).
You can try a good quality switch cleaner like Deoxit sprayed directly on the card contacts and insert and remove the card a few times to clean the socket pins.
It also wouldn't do any harm to do the same to the gimbal mounting plate as well. Those connection pins are VERY fragile.
Will do. Hopefully "this" will finally get my brand new bird up and running so I can fly it.

Ok so I did the clean to all those components, as directed. I snapped a single photo and it worked, so I selected video to test that as well, nothing, so I reselected photo to confirm it was still good, nope.

Below is a video of what it does every single time. Keep in mind this bird only has "1" 4-5 minute flight with one bad X3 camera on it, never been crashed, and this is a 2nd brand new X3 camera on it while the other one is away for repair, and it hasn't been flown again since purchase...just sits in the living room with camera issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido