Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Buying a used Inspire 1 - What to look for

Reaction score
Is there anything special i should look for when buying a used Inspire 1, except for the obvious things? Im thinking like maybe check in the Pilot app how many times the batteries been used and things like that?

I guess recording some video with the drone and then checking the video to see that the gimbal works as it should and produces a smooth video? But can the recorded video be watched directly in the Pilot app or do i need to transfer it to a computer first?

Does the pilot app warn about different kind of problems?

Is there anything special i should look for when buying a used Inspire 1, except for the obvious things? Im thinking like maybe check in the Pilot app how many times the batteries been used and things like that?

I guess recording some video with the drone and then checking the video to see that the gimbal works as it should and produces a smooth video? But can the recorded video be watched directly in the Pilot app or do i need to transfer it to a computer first?

Does the pilot app warn about different kind of problems?

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/used-i1-coming-from-b-h-what-should-i-look-for.4599/

The app doesn't warn of any physical issues on the aircraft, however you can see warning history for batteries. Also you should be able to see flight history if you log into the original owners DJI account.

Are the Inspire 1 connected to an account thats needs to be unconnected from the previous owner before i can connect it to my DJI account or how does it work?

Nope you can link it to your account when you buy it. Doesn't need to be unlinked. Only "issue" is that the aircraft can't be renamed from what the original owner named it. So if they named it "sexcciimachine1" then you will unfortunately have to keep that name once you link it to your account.

Nope you can link it to your account when you buy it. Doesn't need to be unlinked. Only "issue" is that the aircraft can't be renamed from what the original owner named it. So if they named it "sexcciimachine1" then you will unfortunately have to keep that name once you link it to your account.

Thanks for the info, but can the original owner change the name?
And what name is that, are the drone named in the account in case you have several inspire 1 for example? If thats the only use for the name then maybe it isn't that important?

Thanks for the info, but can the original owner change the name?
And what name is that, are the drone named in the account in case you have several inspire 1 for example? If thats the only use for the name then maybe it isn't that important?

yes the name is only used to distinguish between multiple aircraft.

unfortunately the name cannot be changed by anyone, not even the original owner.

What about the first Inspire 1 model version A that had another type of carbon pattern on the landing gears, is that the only difference between that version and the next version B?
And for the later versions are the only differences the quick release props and the Y shaped metal piece for the landing gear mechanism?

Does anybody now when they changed from version A to B? If an Inspire 1 is bought in March 2015 what version would it be?

Don't waste your money on dji products.
Winner of the least helpful post ever award!!
Maybe you'd suggest a Walkera or a Blade? Enlighten us with some great advise where to waste our money please.....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Van the man is a bit on a rant. 15 out of his last 19 post have been bashing DJI. Time to lay off or sell your DJI stuff and move on my friend.

Well if you think DJI is junk, please inform me which brands are not? And i would like a FPV solution that is digital, i.e Lightbridge, and also i would like to have 4K recording capabilities.
I don't know many other brands that has this without the need to buy everything in pieces, and that will cost a good amount to do it that way.

By the, how do i check logs regarding the drone and batteries and such?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth