Buying Secondhand Inspire, What to Look Out For?

Reaction score
Gday all

First post here as I'm looking at buying a second hand Inspire and join the club.

For US$1,200 there's the v2 with 5 batteries (3 x TB 47 2 x TB 48), upgraded charger, 4 bank charger for battery charging, 6 pack lens filters, 2full sets of blades.

Sounds like good value but the camera needs fixing after a hard landing. Apparently this will cost about $300 but I know nothing about repair costs. Does that sound reasonable? Can get a brand new replacement for $600 so still sounds like pretty good value.

He's given me his Healthy Drones account and it's showing 110 flights and a total of 12hrs flight time.

I need something heftier than the Mavic so naturally I1 is the first choice but don't think buying brand new is avoid idea as I know I'm likely to crash it!

Thoughts?

a lot of flights for just 12 hours of flight time (15 min per flight, totals to around 48 flights)

Reactions: RogerRamjet
In addition to above. Starting the motors while the Inspire is sitting on a table top will count as a 'flight'
This is why the DJI logs are garbage and should not be relied upon (and certainly not for any commercial logging to comply with any aviation authority)

$1,200 + $600= $1,800. Your paying to much IMO, have a look'c around eBay to give you an idea of the market. But, if you're happy with those numbers and YOU feel it's a good buy, then you decide. Remember, cash is king!

a lot of flights for just 12 hours of flight time (15 min per flight, totals to around 48 flights)
It's over 7 months if that helps. Looks like he only ever flew it once or twice on the weekends!

$1,200 + $600= $1,800. Your paying to much IMO, have a look'c around eBay to give you an idea of the market. But, if you're happy with those numbers and YOU feel it's a good buy, then you decide. Remember, cash is king!
I would agree but it as it also comes with 4 extra batteries and charging hub that's why I'm looking at it. I'd probably end up getting that stuff anyway so would save about $1k buying this. If the camera is fixable then it's an even better saving

Well that's useless! Didn't realize so thanks for that info.

Sounds like a good deal. You can get used X3s all day on ebay for $300 - $400.
I would jump on it.