Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Buying Secondhand Inspire, What to Look Out For?

Reaction score
Gday all :)

First post here as I'm looking at buying a second hand Inspire and join the club.

For US$1,200 there's the v2 with 5 batteries (3 x TB 47 2 x TB 48), upgraded charger, 4 bank charger for battery charging, 6 pack lens filters, 2full sets of blades.

Sounds like good value but the camera needs fixing after a hard landing. Apparently this will cost about $300 but I know nothing about repair costs. Does that sound reasonable? Can get a brand new replacement for $600 so still sounds like pretty good value.

He's given me his Healthy Drones account and it's showing 110 flights and a total of 12hrs flight time.

I need something heftier than the Mavic so naturally I1 is the first choice but don't think buying brand new is avoid idea as I know I'm likely to crash it!

Thoughts?

In addition to above. Starting the motors while the Inspire is sitting on a table top will count as a 'flight'
This is why the DJI logs are garbage and should not be relied upon (and certainly not for any commercial logging to comply with any aviation authority)

a lot of flights for just 12 hours of flight time (15 min per flight, totals to around 48 flights)
It's over 7 months if that helps. Looks like he only ever flew it once or twice on the weekends!

$1,200 + $600= $1,800. Your paying to much IMO, have a look'c around eBay to give you an idea of the market. But, if you're happy with those numbers and YOU feel it's a good buy, then you decide. Remember, cash is king!
I would agree but it as it also comes with 4 extra batteries and charging hub that's why I'm looking at it. I'd probably end up getting that stuff anyway so would save about $1k buying this. If the camera is fixable then it's an even better saving :)

In addition to above. Starting the motors while the Inspire is sitting on a table top will count as a 'flight'
This is why the DJI logs are garbage and should not be relied upon (and certainly not for any commercial logging to comply with any aviation authority)

Well that's useless! Didn't realize so thanks for that info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc