Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CAA PFCO extension Covid-19

Reaction score
According to the CAA (unless I've got this wrong) if your PFCO is due to expire between March 27 and June 30 2020 there is now no requirement to renew between these dates. Rather they are offering a 3 month extension via General Authorisation. So cool I have an extension until 29 Aug until I need to renew, the problem is that the new list of PFCO holders is out 5th June 2020 and I'm not on it as my permission was due to expire on 29th May 2020 ...... so what happened to the extension??? Secondly I have tried to renew my permission just today, although it says there is no need and it appears to want to charge me as per Initial application (presumably as I missed the renewal date) which they said was OK.
So I'm a little confused as to why I'm not listed as a valid permission holder when they say I am.

Any help from anyone in the know would be appreciated as to whether I am still a PFCO holder or not.

According to the CAA (unless I've got this wrong) if your PFCO is due to expire between March 27 and June 30 2020 there is now no requirement to renew between these dates. Rather they are offering a 3 month extension via General Authorisation. So cool I have an extension until 29 Aug until I need to renew, the problem is that the new list of PFCO holders is out 5th June 2020 and I'm not on it as my permission was due to expire on 29th May 2020 ...... so what happened to the extension??? Secondly I have tried to renew my permission just today, although it says there is no need and it appears to want to charge me as per Initial application (presumably as I missed the renewal date) which they said was OK.
So I'm a little confused as to why I'm not listed as a valid permission holder when they say I am.

Any help from anyone in the know would be appreciated as to whether I am still a PFCO holder or not.
This is all tied in with the EASA rules delay which will be adopted by the UK (eventually).

As I’m sure you are aware the PFCO will effectively become useless since there will no longer be a classification between commercial and non commercial operators. Non certified operators are/will be free to sell their footage/photos/work commercially if they wish.

The PFCO will be replaced with various qualifications dependent on weight class.

The ONLY advantage of acquiring an A2 C of C and further testing will be the ability to fly down to 5m from uninvolved people adhering to the 1:1 rule.

Additionally, as has been mentioned previously, all current aircraft (DJI or not) will become legacy aircraft after the transitional period since the CAA will not allow retrospective certification of ANY aircraft.
There are currently no certified aircraft available that adhere to EASA/CAA requirements.

So, am I still qualified to carry out commercial work legally or has my permission expired? I can't find this answer anywhere.

So, am I still qualified to carry out commercial work legally or has my permission expired? I can't find this answer anywhere.
Not even by typing in "PfCO extension" into Google and then reading the second hit on the page?
Or by reading The CAA's release ORS4 1360

And as mentioned above. There will be no permission for commercial operations going forward - it simply ceases to exist or be necessary.

You're welcome by the way...

So the answer is .... Yes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela