Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera Fried because of bent pin

Reaction score
Just got back from my local drone shop with a new camera for my inspire 1. Looks like my ground pin on the inspire got bent and fried my camera. I was experiencing some really erratic spinning during the initial startup and also loss of connectivity to the camera during flights so I took it in.

First, they replaced the connector on the inspire and connected my camera but it still freaked out on startup. They grabbed the last camera they had in stock and it started up and worked like a charm. I'm honestly not sure how this pin got bent. I'm really gentle while attaching and removing the camera but it happened.

I just wanted to remind everyone on the board to take care of those pins!

Also, can I send the camera and gimbal connector back to DJI to have them repair so I have an extra on hand? Been on hold for awhile haha

Last edited:
$595

The camera was $550 and taxes were $45.

I just want to throw out there that the guys at UAV Direct are fantastic and anyone in the Austin area should definitely consider giving them your business.

So, even though I got a new replacement camera and gimbal connector yestrday, DJI wants me to send in the whole package(inspire+remote) to fix it. I really wish I could just send in the two broken pieces so I wouldn't be without the drone for 6 weeks.

Just couple days ago the video feed from camera stopped in mid flight in the middle of recording video.
All pins were there and straight, rebooted tablet, remote, I1 several times, no video feed still. Tried again multiple times but no luck. Got through to DJI support tech after 30minutes of waiting in queue.
DJI support told me I can return just the camera but recommended that I send everything back to them (I1, camera, remote) just in case the problem is not the camera.
I expressed my concern about high shipping cost and tech provided return shipping label. Now that's good customer service!
Sent it out today, now 4-6 weeks of waiting.

Just couple days ago the video feed from camera stopped in mid flight in the middle of recording video.
All pins were there and straight, rebooted tablet, remote, I1 several times, no video feed still. Tried again multiple times but no luck. Got through to DJI support tech after 30minutes of waiting in queue.
DJI support told me I can return just the camera but recommended that I send everything back to them (I1, camera, remote) just in case the problem is not the camera.
I expressed my concern about high shipping cost and tech provided return shipping label. Now that's good customer service!
Sent it out today, now 4-6 weeks of waiting.
Did you send just the camera or the whole unit?

Sent the whole thing since they're covering shipping cost. Besides, 4-6 weeks from now I don't want them coming back asking me to return something else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido