Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

camera lock and shudder

Reaction score
So, brand new inspire and the camera will lock, lose stabilization then snap move. I've tried firmware and calibration. I've tried different remotes. I've tried android and apple. Any other suggestions?
I will post a video of what its doing.

dji inspire camera shake:

So, brand new inspire and the camera will lock, lose stabilization then snap move. I've tried firmware and calibration. I've tried different remotes. I've tried android and apple. Any other suggestions?
I will post a video of what its doing.

dji inspire camera shake:
There is something VERY wrong with your Inspire for that to happen.
How much loose play do you have in the T-Junction on your arms?

There is no play in anything and it hovers rock solid. As long as I don't try to pan or tilt the camera it remains rock solid. As soon as I move the camera sometimes it will go crazy right away and sometimes it will work for 15 -20 seconds before it goes crazy. Then it gets locked solid for 5-20 seconds and will finally snap free. Sometimes its a small jump and others its a big jump. Being brand new they suggested I contact the seller for an exchange to avoid the 6 week down time. Unfortunately after 2 days of being ignored by the seller I gave up and shipped it to California. Ugh

There is no play in anything and it hovers rock solid. As long as I don't try to pan or tilt the camera it remains rock solid. As soon as I move the camera sometimes it will go crazy right away and sometimes it will work for 15 -20 seconds before it goes crazy. Then it gets locked solid for 5-20 seconds and will finally snap free. Sometimes its a small jump and others its a big jump. Being brand new they suggested I contact the seller for an exchange to avoid the 6 week down time. Unfortunately after 2 days of being ignored by the seller I gave up and shipped it to California. Ugh
In that case it sounds like a gimbal/camera fault. Hope you get it sorted fairly quickly.

Well 5-6 weeks without my equipment is not something I would call fairly quickly and its definitely not good for business. I'm trying to figure out if there is anything else I could have tried to fix it in case I encounter it again. If this continues I will be forced to find something more reliable.

Well 5-6 weeks without my equipment is not something I would call fairly quickly and its definitely not good for business. I'm trying to figure out if there is anything else I could have tried to fix it in case I encounter it again. If this continues I will be forced to find something more reliable.
Sounds like you have done everything possible and its time to send it in. you have the clear or nd filter on the camera when this happens right?

I even tried both filters and no filters. I have the 2 remotes and even tried pairing my camera operator remote to see if the problem was there. I even tried different tablets and different cords, different batteries, power cycle sequence differences. IMU calibration, gimbal calibration. Even thru all of the firmware updates it acted exactly the same. Even on the ground with no props installed it did the same. I'm pretty sure I tested everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth