Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can not detect camera lens?

I had an odd issue with my P4 Standard in Go 4.1.18 that might be related to the "Lens can't be seen or recognized" in the I2.

After some period of time, I noticed I could not flip the camera down with C1, but other stuff was working. I also noticed that the name of the drone in the General Settings menu was empty where it used to say "Phantom 4." For whatever reason, GO 4 seems to be 'partially' disconnecting from the bird. If I unplugged and replugged the Lightning USB cable, GO 4 began working again and device name Phantom 4 came back in the box and the C1 gimbal up-down function started working again too.

My I2 is a bit scarier in the I've seen the green LED on the RC unit go dark and the transmitter disconnects which needs a reboot in flight of the RC as well. The GO screen is still active, but no RC connection. Drone is set to hover in place and it does until I get it restarted and connected back up.

I'm suspicious of the data and charging via the USB cable between the RC and iPad tablet and maybe it cutting out, but cannot see a fix for that. This seems to be something that affects far too many where they get the "Disconnected" message for whatever reason, or GO 4 just does not launch and connect ever. Data just isn't moving in the USB pipeline for some reason.

This stuff is just too flaky and DJI seems at some loss to fix it without taking months to do so - if they ever do - before moving on to another new item that also introduces more problems. I'm really annoyed at this inability of theirs to get this stuff working right and grounded all my stuff until I find a solution as to why this undependablity issue exists.

Guys
Make sure to power the I2 off first before installing the camera. It wont do a correct connection otherwise.
1. Out of the box power up the I2 to lower the landing gear
2. Press the power button once and then quickly press and hold until it shuts down
3. Install the camera
4. Power up; you will find that it works fine now. When you doublw tap the screen on your tablet/phone you should hear a double beep like in a dslr.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy