Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can you pair a used battery with new one?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I looked everywhere but couldn't find an answer to this and DJI reps in the DJI Forum just ignored me.

I had a battery cell error on a battery recently for no apparent reason. One cell was showing 0.11V lower than the rest. Only had 10 cycles on it!!!

The other battery in the pair is fine and seems to be balanced across all cells. Can I buy a new one to replace the one with the error and use it with the good one from the original pair? The used one has 10 cycles on it.

Thanks in advance

It can be done although best practice is to operate batteries in pairs that have relatively the same useful life remaining and number of charge cycles.

Thanks, thats what i kinda thought. Just feels like the good battery from the original pair will go to waste. Also i can't believe we have to buy two batteries every time one gets a bad cell error!

Hi guys,

I looked everywhere but couldn't find an answer to this and DJI reps in the DJI Forum just ignored me.

I had a battery cell error on a battery recently for no apparent reason. One cell was showing 0.11V lower than the rest. Only had 10 cycles on it!!!

The other battery in the pair is fine and seems to be balanced across all cells. Can I buy a new one to replace the one with the error and use it with the good one from the original pair? The used one has 10 cycles on it.

Thanks in advance

I had the same issue about 6 months ago when one of my batteries with about 15 charges became faulty. My local DJI dealer, Heliguy, replaced the battery under warranty and it has been working fine paired with the other battery ever since.

I know that DJI are only providing a 6 month warranty on the batteries but with just 10 charge cycles you should have a good case for a warranty replacement even if it is a bit over 6 months old.

Pairing batteries is not an issue according to my dealer. I had the battery cell error with replacement too and paired when received with no issues. The other day I flew with two non paired batteries by mistake, no issues. The pairing process does not link the batteries in any way but just ensures you use the same ones continually for usage purposes I believe. I stand to be corrected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07