Can't link Inspire Pro to remote controller

Reaction score
I recently purchased a stripped Inspire Pro that came with no camera, battery or remote. I have a remote and just last night received a TB48 battery and the camera should arrive next week sometime. I can't link the drone to the remote for some reason. I go through the correct steps and press the red button inside the nose and it doesn't link. Within the DJI GO it is selected as a master remote and I even tried pressing down on the C1 and C2 keys and receive a message that the drone is liked successfully however it still shows that the connection is disconnected within the go app.

Will not having a camera installed prevent me from linking the RC to the new drone?

My Inspire 1 will fly without a camera installed.

Yea that is what I thought as well, however, it will not connect to the drone. IOS phone and remote talk to each other fine. I am going to make sure the firmware on each device is the same but I unfortunately have to wait for my camera to arrive because that is where the SD card with the firmware bin is stored.

Roll the remote control back to FW 1.6. Instructions in my videos that I've posted a dozen times in this forum.

D