Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cape Cod Human Sized Icebergs

This is a nice video, there is however, quit a bit of jitter in the footage, I downloaded the file and played it outside the Vimeo site and it was a little better. Do you think this is due to the lower frame rate? was this originally shot in 4K 24fps? At some points the icebergs seem to be vibrating.

This is a nice video, there is however, quit a bit of jitter in the footage, I downloaded the file and played it outside the Vimeo site and it was a little better. Do you think this is due to the lower frame rate? was this originally shot in 4K 24fps? At some points the icebergs seem to be vibrating.

If you have a Vimeo Pro account you should be able to download the original 4K file. Assuming you have something capable of playing 4K back smoothly, check it out and let me know if you still see jitter.

I uploaded the 4K file to Vimeo and it's their codecs that are used to down convert to lower resolutions, so I wouldn't rule that out.

Reactions: sdjackaerial
I don't have 4k viewing capability (yet) I was wondering if it was a compression artifact. Do you see any of it on your original footage?

If you have a Vimeo Pro account you should be able to download the original 4K file. Assuming you have something capable of playing 4K back smoothly, check it out and let me know if you still see jitter.

I uploaded the 4K file to Vimeo and it's their codecs that are used to down convert to lower resolutions, so I wouldn't rule that out.
Such nice shots. Great color work too. I love MA, btw--spent a lot of time there over my lifetime--family, etc.
The "jitter" is a rolling shutter that DSLR's and our I1 camera produce when we can't get the shutter low enough.
When we all have a deeper ND filter, we will be able to shoot a shutter at 60-100ish and you won't see that.

Such nice shots. Great color work too. I love MA, btw--spent a lot of time there over my lifetime--family, etc.
The "jitter" is a rolling shutter that DSLR's and our I1 camera produce when we can't get the shutter low enough.
When we all have a deeper ND filter, we will be able to shoot a shutter at 60-100ish and you won't see that.

Thanks! Do you see jitter in there as well? I really didn't at least on the original footage but if there is I've missed it...

Thanks! Do you see jitter in there as well? I really didn't at least on the original footage but if there is I've missed it...
Hey, man.
What I see is rolling shutter. The scan lines that start at the top and move down. Often happens in movement, ie: pans. This isn't a problem with Vimeo, or 4k playback. This is a fast shutter speed chosen on the camera that we will all be able to take care of soon..hopefully..lol..with a better (ie: darker) ND filter.
I have a hard time going under even 400 on sunny days here, which produces great stills from video, but produces those scan lines occasionally. There's a rolling shutter effect in Premiere which can fix it. I found a video for you. It's ok..the VO is hilarious, and he covers a few other things that we're not discussing here, but it's still effective. I use this filter occasionally, and it does take some tweaking, and seems to behave differently for every clip--but is still super powerful.
Here's the video:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs6/rolling-shutter-repair-in-premiere-pro/

Hmm. Ok I'll have to take another look, I hadn't actually noticed it on my monitor. I'll have to play on the 69" 4K TV (no undesirable video artifact can hide there!).

I was running ND filter, had balanced the props, was using 1/60 with ISO 100, etc. Sounds like we do indeed need an ND filter with more oomph then.

I've had mixed results getting rid of jello in post. PP is awesome but it can only do so much.

Hmm. Ok I'll have to take another look, I hadn't actually noticed it on my monitor. I'll have to play on the 69" 4K TV (no undesirable video artifact can hide there!).

I was running ND filter, had balanced the props, was using 1/60 with ISO 100, etc. Sounds like we do indeed need an ND filter with more oomph then.

I've had mixed results getting rid of jello in post. PP is awesome but it can only do so much.
Ya, "jello" is a by-product of a rolling shutter. People refer to a camera that produces jello, but it's a shutter speed thing. I can't seem to get down to 60..like ever..unless it's getting later near dusk. Need me some serious ND, baby. The stock one is helpful, but not enough.

Ok I played this back on my 65-inch 4K Sony 65XBR850A TV with FMP-X10 player and there is absolutely NO jello whatsoever.

I think what might have been alluded to as "jitter" is the last scene which were (as were all the 4 ground-level clips):

A) Taken with an iPhone 5S, and
B) Stretched to 4K resolution to fit the frame

And the last iPhone scene in particular was slowed to 75% for effect which makes it "jitter".

So....NO jello or jitter or other artifacts from the Inspire clips I'm happy to report.

Now if DJI would just hurry up with that handheld Inspire camera gimbal I could use that instead of jittery handheld iPhone clips for ground shots :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo