Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Capturing stills while recording video

Reaction score
Website
goaerial.media
On the P4P they allowed you to take photos while capturing video. JPG was only supported. I tried that this weekend with the I2 on the latest update and it didn't work. Since I only had one other set of flights on the older app, I don't remember testing it. but I noticed that on the latest version it also no longer worked on the P4P.

On the P4P they allowed you to take photos while capturing video. JPG was only supported. I tried that this weekend with the I2 on the latest update and it didn't work. Since I only had one other set of flights on the older app, I don't remember testing it. but I noticed that on the latest version it also no longer worked on the P4P.

Not possible. You have to take sills or video. I constantly switch between the two.

It's quite possible, simply press the photo shutter button while video is being recorded and you'll get a jpeg photo. The Jepg is recorded in the same aspect ration/dimensions as the chosen video mode. If you look above the big red/white record/stop button in DJI Go, you'll see that the icon for switching between video/photo modes changes to another shutter button when video recording is running - you can also press that button to take a still.

As to it not recording a photo, I'm still running DJI Go 4 4.0.8 with the a/c on firmware .0330 (RC .210) and it works for me. If it's not recording a photo, are you sure you're pressing the shutter button - there have been times when I've thought I've taken a still, only to find none has been recorded because I'd accidentally pressed the "pause" button instead of the shutter button :( - it's easy to feel for and get the wrong button on the right hand side of the RC :(

Yep, jpeg only and at the selected video format size/aspect (and shutter/aperture settings). BTW, if you're shooting CinemaDNG RAW, then there's no point taking a photo as you've already got as many DNG's as you'd ever need ;) :D

Yeah, we discussed the CinemaDNG RAW and SSD acquisition a while back with you saying why bother as I am only flying for fun and not money. However, now that Apple will support H.265 in the very near future, I as the same question again. Do you think it is worth it? As a photographer, I do like to get the best still image quality possible. The same with video as I am shooting this a bit more as well.

That's taking the discussion slightly off-topic so if you want to discuss it in depth then start a new topic ( or discuss it under you new iMac topics), but in short, nothing changes as you've already got h.265 enabled/built in - you don't need CinemaDNG for that. Once you've got a Mac with h.265 support, then by all means start using it instead of h.264

It's quite possible, simply press the photo shutter button while video is being recorded and you'll get a jpeg photo. The Jepg is recorded in the same aspect ration/dimensions as the chosen video mode. If you look above the big red/white record/stop button in DJI Go, you'll see that the icon for switching between video/photo modes changes to another shutter button when video recording is running - you can also press that button to take a still.

As to it not recording a photo, I'm still running DJI Go 4 4.0.8 with the a/c on firmware .0330 (RC .210) and it works for me. If it's not recording a photo, are you sure you're pressing the shutter button - there have been times when I've thought I've taken a still, only to find none has been recorded because I'd accidentally pressed the "pause" button instead of the shutter button :( - it's easy to feel for and get the wrong button on the right hand side of the RC :(
I was using the onscreen button. Will try it again next time I am out. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hukumkaikka