Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carbon fiber blades?

Reaction score
Has anyone bought or have any opinion on carbon fiber props i have found some that are for the inspire is it a good idea. If anyone has any input plz let me know.

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about carbon fiber props, before I did my home work I bought some for my phantom vision plus and it went down after a couple flights. after doing a Lil research I found out there were many people having the same problem, I don't think you should do anything to your inspire, its fast, quiet, and it looks good. Don't do it!

Guys just play with the supplied props. This is an engineered system with power and transmission, i.e., motors and props that have been matched with the escs and the FC. I would not mess with it. Your craft, your money, your decision. Not mine.

Have used carbon fiber propellers to my Phantom 2, for a few months now.
Works well and have not had any worries.

Just for the look. ;)

I put carbon fiber on my phantom. It definitely acted different and wasnt a positive experience. Plus who needs looks for this product. It's bad *** enough, performance first

boy you got guts... there are plenty of people on this forum who wont' fly with the original props because they are too scared of their investment

What are these stock props made of any way?? If you look close under light it looks composite like along with some type of resin

I put carbon fiber on my phantom. It definitely acted different and wasnt a positive experience. Plus who needs looks for this product. It's bad *** enough, performance first

You must have bought the cheapest carbon propellers you found, I feel no difference. Possibly the Phantom is a little faster in response.

The reason I switched from the very beginning was that I felt that the original propellers were too weak. They did not seem reliable.

But as always, it may been a bad batch, with propellers as well.
Got some who were wrong on the threads first, but replacement propellers worked perfectly.

When I read over the countless comments from the most experienced pilots on the Phantom forums, I was absolutely convinced that I should/would never use carbon fiber blades. And I think that experience counts here. Never. Unequivocal. Without a doubt. Hands down. No way. In no uncertain terms. And this aircraft is almost triple the cost.

There are certainly many people who had problems with carbon propellers, but it's probably more who have not had any problems at all.
They do not usually write on forums, but it is they who have had problems you hear about.

Have checked up three different types of carbon propellers and there has been a difference in quality.
I bought the more expensive I found and am satisfied.

(This applies to the Phantom. I have not received my INSPIRE 1 yet, so I can´t comment on its propellers.)

I had carbon fiber props on my new Phantom 2 kit that I bought through DSLR Pros...complete kit....$3k plus, and the thing crashed on my first flight. I called CDSLR Pros and talked to a tech...he asked me if I used the Phantom in a hovering position a lot...I told him yes, using it for video and photos...I hover. He said these props were not good for this. Who knows...I just know my investment crashed on my first flight. Was able to fix the unit and flew with regular props after that with no problems.

I had carbon fiber props on my new Phantom 2 kit that I bought through DSLR Pros...complete kit....$3k plus, and the thing crashed on my first flight. I called CDSLR Pros and talked to a tech...he asked me if I used the Phantom in a hovering position a lot...I told him yes, using it for video and photos...I hover. He said these props were not good for this. Who knows...I just know my investment crashed on my first flight. Was able to fix the unit and flew with regular props after that with no problems.

It´s what I have done for the last 6 month.. Fly up, hovering and take photos/film.

I mostly do real estate photos.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but are the stock props that come with the Inspire carbon fiber?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry