Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carnet for drone.

Reaction score
Anyone have experience taking their i2 to another country? I'm taking a family trip to Spain and I'm thinking of taking the drone with me. Any leads on what to expect etc?

Anyone have experience taking their i2 to another country? I'm taking a family trip to Spain and I'm thinking of taking the drone with me. Any leads on what to expect etc?
Please, please use the search function before posting up yet another "I'm traveling with my drone" thread.
Carnet will not usually be required unless you are traveling commercially and intend to do commercial shoots for which you would require the appropriate permits anyway.
The UAV regulations and enforcement are so rediculously onerous in Spain I wouldn't bother.
I'm assuming you do not hold The requisite Spanish CAA approvals for UAV operations and since the I2 will draw a lot of attention you would be inviting trouble and probably arrest.
There are many videos etc on YT showing people having been detained by the authorities for flying things as small as Phantoms, Mavics so the I2 would not be inconspicuous by its footprint!
Save yourself the aggravation leave it at home and enjoy your holiday

If you decide to go ahead, then this subject has been covered so many times previously there are a plethora of threads explaining how to travel, limitations of Watt Hours for lipo packs, how to carry them, whether you can or can't check them in, what to expect from the TSA/customs, best type of case, should you trust the supplied case for airline travel etc etc etc.......

FYI - Civil aviation authority in Spain

The Rules and Regulations of Drone Flying in Spain - Right Spain

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee