Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carrying the Inspire on an airplane

Reaction score
Howdy...

Forgive me if this has been answered... I currently have an FEDEX tracking number, awaiting my Inspire.

I'm wondering if anyone has yet attempted to carry the Inspire on an airplane? Either in it's DJI case, or another case? I am very used to carrying on my Phantom in a backpack case with no issues...

Have you had this experience? Will the DJI case fit in an overhead bin? Under a seat? Or in a custom case?

What's been your experience? Thanks! :)

Best,

Ben

Howdy...

Forgive me if this has been answered... I currently have an FEDEX tracking number, awaiting my Inspire.

I'm wondering if anyone has yet attempted to carry the Inspire on an airplane? Either in it's DJI case, or another case? I am very used to carrying on my Phantom in a backpack case with no issues...

Have you had this experience? Will the DJI case fit in an overhead bin? Under a seat? Or in a custom case?

What's been your experience? Thanks! :)

Best,

Ben

It's slightly oversized, but will fit sideways into the overhead bins of most newer airliners (bigger bins), as reported by one of the beta testers for DJI on another forum. If challenged, it might be helpful to explain that you have lipo batteries that cannot be checked, which might be enough to earn some forbearance from the gate agents or flight attendants.

Man.. this is tough since the original case is way too big for carry on. You would literally have to find a case or padding that is no bigger than the I1 itself but then you've got all your other junk to attend to; batteries, controller, etc. I haven't tried with my I1 but I know that my Solo fits, no problem.

Not true. The DJI case fits into Easyjet's hand baggage measuring frame. (You have to put it in at an angle to get the lower set of feet in first). I recently took my Inspire to Greece as cabin baggage on an Easyjet flight from Gatwick. I came back to London with Aegean Airlines...no problem there too. I took three TB47 batteries. If you have TB48s you can only carry two on the flight.

My solution has been to CHECK the I1 as luggage, by putting it in its original case, and then putting THAT case inside another hard case... Works well... :)

I have a GoPro case and it's slightly big for the overhead bins, I just check my I1 and pack my three lipo batteries in my carry on case. Never had a problem with TSA or my checked I1. The GoPro case is expensive and a bit bulky compared to standard case that ships, but I'm very confident the case protects the I1 in airport baggage systems. I would highly recommend a hardshell case if you're travelling with the I1 vs. the case that the I1 ships with.

Fly all the time with Delta and United with original case. Only thing I suggest is get on the plane as soon as you can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG