Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Case Choice

What type of case do you have or prefer?

• Landing mode

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Travel mode

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok That is better. The best travel case for airlines are based on your budget. GPC, TradeCraft Cases, Custom Case Group, Aerial Media Pros, etc are very similar in feature and price so you really can't go wrong.

Differences are in the layout or modes the Inspire will be in. There are Pros and Cons for deciding between landing and travel mode but that is up to you to decide which suits your need.

If you are planning to just travel via automobile then hands down save some $$$ and get the Husky Mobile Tool cart.

Reactions: sirnikolas
I would think that if you are going put the case in the cargo hold of an airplane, I would want the travel case. If I'm traveling by car and I want to be ready in a hurry, then the landing mode case would be what I would go with. I just saw the Tradecraft Case "Landing" and it looks pretty solid. It is listed at $359. I have a Tradecraft for my 1st Gen Phantom and it's rock solid. So I'll be getting the Tradecraft for my Inspire 1.

http://tradecraftcases.com/inspire-1-toughcase/

I would think that if you are going put the case in the cargo hold of an airplane, I would want the travel case. If I'm traveling by car and I want to be ready in a hurry, then the landing mode case would be what I would go with. I just saw the Tradecraft Case "Landing" and it looks pretty solid. It is listed at $359. I have a Tradecraft for my 1st Gen Phantom and it's rock solid. So I'll be getting the Tradecraft for my Inspire 1.

http://tradecraftcases.com/inspire-1-toughcase/

I've read enough horror posts from folks who travel with the stock case on a plane's cargo hold. It didn't end well.

As for travelling by car in landing mode, in my perspective there is nothing more awesome than the Husky solution. I've beaten my case up and dragged it through beach sand (try that with a TradeCraft or GPC) with less stress.

618P9451_zpsih8gvqoz.jpg

Reactions: sirnikolas
I travel by car all the time and has a Pelican Case 1690. Perfect in every way, except that it is large and heavy.

But that's the way it is, when you want to pack as much as possible and just be able to lift out the drone and start flying.

I recently bought a tradecraft landing mode case and it is awesome. Well made and laid out. Very secure. A bit pricey but hey everything in this hobby is.

Reactions: Mwsartain

Wow!!! That's a great idea!! Not bad for $245. That would make a perfect case for carrying in "Travel Mode" in the cargo hold of a plane as asked initially. I wonder, could you pull out the stock foam from the stock case and just put that inside the pelican case with their foam as well? Something to think about.

Last edited:
I should mention that the total dimensions and weight are over the standard limit of some airlines. I usually pay about a $50-$75 fee each way (USD)

uploadfromtaptalk1434692261341.jpg

I'm also a fan of Dusty's idea for air travel. I thought about getting one of the pelicans, but was turned off on the idea of wasting a day to pick and pluck my own foam. Plus I hear, without using some kind of spray adhesive after the pluck process, one can expect the remaining unplucked pieces to continue to dismember themselves over time. The solution of putting the standard case inside a bigger case is just brilliant in the simplicity of the solution.

That being said, I'm using the GPC landing mode case. It is giant. I've been lugging it around on the back of my Maverick. I drilled out the bottom to mount it to some pipe clamps and the roll cage (not featured in the picture) to make it a more permanent attachment to the vehicle. I do wish the case was slightly more robust, as there is a slight amount of flex in the walls and lid that is likely a result of its gargantuan size, but that being said I have put it through some serious stress riding trails. I'm certain what I have put that case and the inspire through amounts to 1000 times the amount of bumps and jolts that they would be subjected to in the context of a single flight, and I haven't had any adverse issues with any of the gear. Of a particular concern was the camera gimbal, but it too has had no issues remaining attached to the Inspire. As an added note, the five latch closures have also worked at keeping the case closed despite all the shaking. That being said, I would definitely throw some locks on there if I were to put it through baggage handling.

Reactions: DustyVisor
Above flight case cost €449,- excluding shipping. Ships from the Netherlands.

While setup and tear down times are part of the gig, the process can be made smoother and faster by using a case that stores the Inspire 1 with the gear down. This also automatically reduces the wear and tear when removing and re-attaching the expensive camera gimbal. I am currently looking for such a case (hopefully one that doesn't tip the car up when I put it in the boot ). I have seen a few interesting pictures of prototypes, just hope they arrive soon!

Pelican 1650 case with custom foam from Fuerte Cases. Travel mode for me. I don't like the gimbal bouncing around under the belly of the craft when it's off, and removing the gimbal every time defeats the purpose of avoiding wear and tear. It's worth the slightly lower profile for me to keep the case height lower.

http://www.fuertecases.com/Merchant...Y&Store_Code=fuertecases&Category_Code=MR-PRO
a1231fb03bf36b03b75089874d94d3d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo