Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Case for Inspire 2 & X7

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a solid case for the I2 with the X7 cam and spare batteries, etc...
Thanks!

We sell this one...and love it. It holds the Inspire 2 and all the typical accessories as well as the Cendence Remote, 2 Crystal Sky Monitors, X7 Camera and the X7 lens set (all 4 lenses). The lenses have holes for each one underneath the X7 camera spot. Its really a well thought out design.

Go Professional Case - Inspire 2 Landing Mode V.2

We also have it in travel mode for $100 less if you prefer that version over landing mode

Go Professional Case - Inspire 2 Travel Mode V.2

If you want any photos of everything packed into one, we have one full at the office. I can send some tomorrow if you like.

Thanks for responding. I'd love to see a photo. Will the Travel Mode also hold the X7? What's the difference between the 2? Thanks!

Any recommendations for a solid case for the I2 with the X7 cam and spare batteries, etc...
Thanks!
I have a Case Pro that I got from Amazon. It can hold 2 tablets, 5 pairs of batteries and some other accessories too. Since I have carbon fiber props that fold together and are mounted with screws, I have had to cut out some foam to make it fit right but it fits like a glove now! Best case I have found so far!

CasePro CP-DJI-INSPIRE-2 Wheeled Hard Case Landing Mode, Black

I can send you pics on how modified I cut the foam to make things fit you if you like. I'm always adding something to it. Lol (Just added a Cendence controller and the modified attachment for a Titan drones antenna. Lol

You are welcome. I'll grab some photos at the office tomorrow and post them here for you...its a great case.

Thanks!
I would love to see those images as well. Any chance you could email them if you still have them? Also, I am right down in Cape Coral, would it be possible to see it in person? Thanks in advance.

Glenn

Here are a couple of pics of the case, the first one shows where the 4 X7 lenses are stored. FYI, the 2 round holes on the left are designed to fit the Cendence antennas.

Attachments

• case1.jpg
    case1.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 42
  • Case2.jpg
    Case2.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 44
I would love to see those images as well. Any chance you could email them if you still have them? Also, I am right down in Cape Coral, would it be possible to see it in person? Thanks in advance.

Glenn

I will be on Sanibel most of the weekend if you want to see the case. Otherwise we can show it to you next week in Ft Myers.

Jim

Florida Drone Supply: I sent you a detailed email about a product that I ordered from you but no one seems to respond. Maybe posting my issues here will get your attention?

Glenn
Hi Glenn.

I have a pilot bring one back to the office in a few hours if you decide you want to stop by at the end of the day today. Otherwise, like Jim mentioned, you could swing in next week.

Is there a case that will hold I2 and the x7 & lenses 2 clearsky ultra monitors and 2 cendence controllers?

Thanks

I just got the GPC I2 Landing Mode V.2 case above from Florida Drone Supply. These folks are just great in terms of support/service (more on that later).

The case is well made and holds everything as advertised. However I consider it a very poor option for day to day local use. It is just so big, awkward, and heavy, especially compared to the Inspak Landing Mode hardshell backpack case I've been using with my I1 Pro for the past 2 years. When I'm not turning my kit over to an airline or trucker, what I want is a relatively lightweight landing mode case that lets me easily work out of the back of my decent size SUV (Lexus RX450h) and carry my drone easily in and out of the house, up stairs, and from a parking lot into a field or onto a boat. This GPC monster meets none of those goals. I can't open it in the back of my car because the lid is too high, and I can't set the I2 next to the case inside the back of my car because the case is too wide. I can easily do those things with my I1/Inspak kit.

I've read every I2 case-related post/ad I can find, and no one seems to be offering a light weight landing mode option for the I2. Seems like a real opportunity for some enterprising case maker.

And here's a suggestions: stop trying to fit everything into a single huge case (charging hubs, charging bricks, crystal sky batter charger, cinesd station, etc.). Instead, what about a 2-case solution? Make one compact case for the I2 in landing mode with camera attached and room for 3 or 4 pairs of batteries, one RC, one iPad or Crystal sky with 2 batteries and some props (similar to Inspak design), and make a second smaller accessory case for more batteries, chargers, second RC, etc. When under my own power and having the ability to treat my gear with reasonable care, I'd much rather deal with 2 manageable cases than one big awkward impractical one. Just my 2c, and if anyone knows of something more along the lines of what I've described I'd be most grateful for a lead!

Thanks for this post. I am in the same decision making mode as you. I am looking at the GPC case with Florida Drone Supply, and like you, just want something for local travel. I do have the Lowepro backpack which works great, but I would prefer a hard case for local shoots. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Glenn

FYI There is a new solution in development that will be cross functional between backpacks and cases that is much more "usable" compared to current options. Unfortunately no definite timeline quite yet that we have been provided but very near horizon.

We'd love to see an option from GPC that primarily eliminates battery slots and brings down the footprint to really just accommodate the aircraft, camera, lenses, RCs, Handwheel, Monitors (similar to what @davidjmurray mentioned above). Most professional users now have the DJI Battery Stations or the GPC Inspire 2 Battery Cases for the full battery fleet and pulling that battery weight outside of the main case makes things MUCH easier (and obviously if traveling by air those batteries can't be in the main case anyways).

Reactions: Glennc63

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamarisCia