Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence and Inspire 2

Working fine for me.

The main frustration is the battery, which depletes much faster than the one on the standard Inspire 2 controller. It uses the same battery as the CrystalSky monitor, which I also have, and which also drains quickly. You definitely need two batteries for each if you will be flying for more than an hour or two.

I am also frustrated by the button labeling; for example, "BD" is the button to bring down the landing gear. And there is no easy way to label it, as there isn't much room around the buttons.

Reactions: Advexure
Working fine for me.

The main frustration is the battery, which depletes much faster than the one on the standard Inspire 2 controller. It uses the same battery as the CrystalSky monitor, which I also have, and which also drains quickly. You definitely need two batteries for each if you will be flying for more than an hour or two.

I am also frustrated by the button labeling; for example, "BD" is the button to bring down the landing gear. And there is no easy way to label it, as there isn't much room around the buttons.
I feel your pain. At least it’s easier to control iris and shutter. The main advantage is the fact I can use the right thumb wheel now to control pitch of camera. I don’t know why the other controllers don’t have that option to switch as most of us are right handed. I find the left wheel difficult to control pitch with left hand.

Working fine for me.

You can assign another button if it feels more comfortable. From my experience it is good to experiment a bit from begining untill you find the most logical button configuration but then stick with it. And remember that you do not have to assign a function to every button. I only use those which help in day to day operation. Your brain will soon memorize the functions and it will all become automatic. I do not find to be a good practice to keep changing the buttons all the time. It tends to confuse the muscle memory..

Reactions: Advexure
I feel your pain. At least it’s easier to control iris and shutter. The main advantage is the fact I can use the right thumb wheel now to control pitch of camera. I don’t know why the other controllers don’t have that option to switch as most of us are right handed. I find the left wheel difficult to control pitch with left hand.
Because the right wheel on standard controller is stepped for changing camera settings. Only the left one is smooth and stepless, so you could not use the right wheel for pitch control.

Working fine for me.

We really have not found battery drain on the Cendence to be an issue. That being said, definitely recommend having an extra battery or two on hand. The one time I found battery to be an issue I later found that I had not installed a battery on the CrystalSky and when installed on the Cendence is was being powered through the Type-C and therefore the Cendence's battery was powering both the RC as well as the CS.

+1 on the labeling/space frustrations. Would love to be able to label clearly as it would make field operation much easier, particularly when training new pilots in the field or demoing. I've got our programmed buttons down pat but it took quite some time. Would love some more real estate to clearly label...maybe on the Cendence 2 :)

Reactions: Glennc63

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brainfraktured