Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence controller thumb knurls

Reaction score
Have a new Inspire 2 with dual Cendence. Recently checked it as baggage for a project and when it arrived, it had a TSA card inside, notifying me that they had inspected it. No problems with that. The problem now though is that two of the small thumb knurls (the ones that aren't pressed in place in the case) were missing. My guess is they worked themselves loose in transport or on one of the flights and then the TSA inspector opened the case upside down. And they fell out...

I first went to the DJI store to see if I could just buy some, but no luck. Went to support at DJI and spent 2.5 hours working through what they were (pictures etc.) in chat. The first suggestion was that I buy two new controllers (not kidding) but after explaining these are brand new, and thge parts probably cost less than a dollar, I "thought" I had a repair order to get two sent to me. Two weeks went by and no shipping confirmation came so I just called back. They informed me that they "didn't have any" so they cancelled the order.... Grrrrr.... I asked why I wasn't notified? They said "we don't do that".

I asked when they might get some, and they said they wouldn't. I asked how that was possible? He said we only make that part for "new". I asked how I was going to get replacements. They (again) said to buy TWO new controllers. I again explained that was ridiculous. I have DJI Care. They then said I should send in both controllers for replacement *sigh* because they don't have those parts. I explained that the screws come right off. They said they came from two controllers, so I would have to send both. I explained again what they are, and asked if it wouldn't be smarter to just unscrew two of them off one controller and put them in an envelope to me? She said they "couldn't" because they are gone due to my "error". I asked how much they were? She couldn't tell me. I explained I woulod be happy to pay for them. She then said, "you can't".

I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said "that won't help".I said "OK let me speak to them anyway". I was on hold for another 1.5 hrs, but stuck through it, when I finally got a "supervisor". They then told me the only remedy is to buy a new controller and use the thumb screws from that. I knew DJI support was bad, but I am flabberghasted at this. $1400 for two 25 cent parts. I asked him (very calmly) how he would feel if he just bought a new car, and a bolt fell off, then he was told getting a new car was the only way to replace the bolt? He sat there for about 5 seconds silent, then just hung up on me!!!!!

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Have a new Inspire 2 with dual Cendence. Recently checked it as baggage for a project and when it arrived, it had a TSA card inside, notifying me that they had inspected it. No problems with that. The problem now though is that two of the small thumb knurls (the ones that aren't pressed in place in the case) were missing. My guess is they worked themselves loose in transport or on one of the flights and then the TSA inspector opened the case upside down. And they fell out...

I first went to the DJI store to see if I could just buy some, but no luck. Went to support at DJI and spent 2.5 hours working through what they were (pictures etc.) in chat. The first suggestion was that I buy two new controllers (not kidding) but after explaining these are brand new, and thge parts probably cost less than a dollar, I "thought" I had a repair order to get two sent to me. Two weeks went by and no shipping confirmation came so I just called back. They informed me that they "didn't have any" so they cancelled the order.... Grrrrr.... I asked why I wasn't notified? They said "we don't do that".

I asked when they might get some, and they said they wouldn't. I asked how that was possible? He said we only make that part for "new". I asked how I was going to get replacements. They (again) said to buy TWO new controllers. I again explained that was ridiculous. I have DJI Care. They then said I should send in both controllers for replacement *sigh* because they don't have those parts. I explained that the screws come right off. They said they came from two controllers, so I would have to send both. I explained again what they are, and asked if it wouldn't be smarter to just unscrew two of them off one controller and put them in an envelope to me? She said they "couldn't" because they are gone due to my "error". I asked how much they were? She couldn't tell me. I explained I woulod be happy to pay for them. She then said, "you can't".

I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said "that won't help".I said "OK let me speak to them anyway". I was on hold for another 1.5 hrs, but stuck through it, when I finally got a "supervisor". They then told me the only remedy is to buy a new controller and use the thumb screws from that. I knew DJI support was bad, but I am flabberghasted at this. $1400 for two 25 cent parts. I asked him (very calmly) how he would feel if he just bought a new car, and a bolt fell off, then he was told getting a new car was the only way to replace the bolt? He sat there for about 5 seconds silent, then just hung up on me!!!!!

Any ideas?
There's nothing special about the joysticks on the Cendence RC so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Futaba's fitted.
They are nearly all M3's anyway even on the higher end remotes like the duplex Jeti systems.
Just buy a couple of cheap replacements on eBay

There's nothing special about the joysticks on the Cendence RC so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Futaba's fitted.
They are nearly all M3's anyway even on the higher end remotes like the duplex Jeti systems.
Just buy a couple of cheap replacements on eBay
Thank You! Giving that a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla