Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence Controller

Arrrgh!

The new iPad Pro 10.5" is 174.1mm wide. So the clamp being 170mm is too small. DJI should have known about this long ago for the 10" series of tablets that needed that extension clamp and updated it for this thing.

The older iPad 9.7" is 169.5mm so it barely fits if you can still find one and use it.
Casey, You could remove the stick on padding that is installed on the tablet holder and replace it with much thinner stick on padding. That should give you the 4mm you need so that the new iPad Pro would fit.

My Air 2 has already destroyed the foam to maybe 1mm thick now and I doubt the 10.5" will fit unless some extension is done. It balls up the from pushing it in now from the side. I have that $12 slide-in eBay white clamp, but it is tight on the sliding on and off and to get the entire affair back into the case. Aesthetically it doesn't look hot on the gray RC either being white and being cheesily hot printed.

Last edited:
Those who I have assisted with on pre-orders have mostly said they see great benefits in the Cendence for single operation cinema and video applications, particularly for focus control.

A handful of enterprise/industrial clients have pre-ordered them for anticipated use with the Tracktenna for their applications.

Not only designated for CrystalSky Monitors. Fully compatible with DJI GO as far as I know GS Pro as well, in addition to the anticipated DJI Pilot app for Android (supposedly similar to GS Pro for iOS) that will release soon when M200 Series units begin shipping.

Soon I hope. I would like DJI to release them and the larger CS before I get shoved in a nursing home.... I'm in my 50s....

Reactions: Advexure
I'm beginning to wonder if DJI are giving up on the professional end of the market as they chase volume sales of selfie drones?

Any update from anyone on delivery?? I need a second controller so don't want to order a standard controller if i can order one of these

Any update from anyone on delivery?? I need a second controller so don't want to order a standard controller if i can order one of these

We highly recommend waiting if possible, Cendence is well worth it. Standalone units are not yet shipping, however, production units of the Cendence did begin shipping earlier in the month with Matrice 210 and 210 RTK kits (as the Cendence is standard with these kits). That is good news as production models are most definitely moving, DJI has not yet been able to provide a firm date as to when regular standalone Cendence Remote Controllers will begin shipping.

Functionality with the Inspire 2 continues to be a little rough on the edges and there has not yet been any Cendence FW update. Once we begin to see FW updates and bug fixes with I2 I would expect we'll begin seeing standalone units ship. We have some initial feedback from testing with the Cendence about a month ago here: DJI Cendence - Professional Remote Controller

Any further questions don't hesitate to reach out. Safe flying!

Reactions: Keule
Does anyone know if you can control the gimbal tilt with a cendence? I know it can be done on the standard controller but it doesnt work very well, so would be nice to have smooth control on the main controller.

Does anyone know if you can control the gimbal tilt with a cendence? I know it can be done on the standard controller but it doesnt work very well, so would be nice to have smooth control on the main controller.

I'd listen to Advexure and wait a bit. Mine stock RC will occasionally break the RC link and all other LEDs stay on when it disconnects and tablet screen goes gray. Evidently he says the same happens to some Cendences as well so I'd respect that testimony coming from a seller because I doubt DJI will admit it and just say "Buy it now!". It's nerve wracking when it happens too as you need to reboot the RC while in flight.

You can go in and slow the yaw and pitch down of the gimbal to where it almost doesn't move (EXP sensitivity I think?). I've slowed my pitch way down to where it takes some time for me to see it move on the screen (I always go on the wrong direction with that roller wheel too!), and I'd do the calibration setup with the most telephoto lens you have too. Default factory setting, especially the yaw part, is far too fast and looks jerky in yawing.

You also need to match your camera frame rate to that of your editing software, and maybe the MOV or MP4 as well, else it may be dropping frames while yawing or pitching which looks awful. This haunted me in the new Resolve 14 Studio I bought until I learned I need to do that first in the Timeline settings or it was jerky.

Also learned to hit Alt+A when in the Color portion of Resolve 14 which does a fast auto gamma and brightness adjustment which looks better than me messing around with it. Do that first, and then decide if you want to mess with the settings. Video seems to pop off the screen by doing it.

Seems like Cendence is starting to ship now...I should have mine next week.
I've got mine last week.
It was a stand-alone, ordered in June 06th and came with an additional patch antenna. (Nice!) Ordered and delivered in Germany (by Marcotec)

Got the cendence and ultra CSky this week. Wow! Great combo!

Not only can I see a lot more compared to various iPads in terms of brightness but also better clarity.

The cendence with patch antenna also has MUCH better range than the stock remote. Video DL was at least double what I was getting in Brooklyn N.Y.
Me likey.
Still searching for an instructional manual in English French or Spanish. So far only Chinese. :(

Reactions: zothar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla