Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cendence Patch vs. Omni poll

Reaction score
How many of you Cendence users have Omni sticks and how many Patch antenna almost permanently attached? How many of you swap regularly as needed and tell us also your reason why you swap and difference you observed, positive or negative.
I have had Omni pretty much since day one, mostly for weight reasons. Cendence with 7.85 CS and Patch is on the heavy side for me and sticks have worked just fine so far. Max distance flown so far, 850m away.

Last edited:
I always fly with the Omni sticks as the Patch antenna drops my range to less than 100m.

I will try the Patch antenna again when I get chance as I believe that the most recent firmware update should have cured the dreadful performance of the Patch antenna.

I fly with the Patch exclusively and have never had any range issues. A few months ago I was flying (still within VLOS) 8700' distance and thats as far as I could push it. Further than that and the video started to break up.

Reactions: marctronixx
I fly with the Patch exclusively and have never had any range issues. A few months ago I was flying (still within VLOS) 8700' distance and thats as far as I could push it. Further than that and the video started to break up.
Man you must have much better eyes than me. In metric scale that is over 2.5km or 2,650m !! I could barely see the bird at the distance of 850m, the furthest I have flown so far. But if you call a spec in the sky VLOS, I am not going to argue with you:). It is good the hear that the patch works well for you and thanks for participating in the Poll.

Man you must have much better eyes than me. In metric scale that is over 2.5km or 2,650m !! I could barely see the bird at the distance of 850m, the furthest I have flown so far. But if you call a spec in the sky VLOS, I am not going to argue with you:). It is good the hear that the patch works well for you and thanks for participating in the Poll.

During the day time I have a hard time seeing the bird further than 2500'... so that's my limit. But for night shoots when I have 3-mile strobes flashing. Its pretty easy to see it far away on the clear night.

During the day time I have a hard time seeing the bird further than 2500'... so that's my limit. But for night shoots when I have 3-mile strobes flashing. Its pretty easy to see it far away on the clear night.
Thanks man, I started to have inferiority complex after your post of 8700' VLOS flying:). Now it all makes sense, thanks for clarifying;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Nordin
I just received my cendence and new replacement patch antenna from DJI but have yet to fly it. (The previous patch antenna lost signal at 500-1000 ft.) The night before, while planning a test flight, I confirmed the cendence recognized the patch antenna whereas the previous one did not. The next day, I took everything outside for the test flight and when I powered up my CS ultra was dead, Dead, DEAD! Not even a single light on the battery ! I have charged it since and it has remained charged the past couple days but I have not had time to confirm the range on the patch antenna. Now I'm worried about this battery issue! I did search and I have found some others who describe similar problems. Believe it's probably FW related.
Hope to try again tomorrow if time allows.

I just received my cendence and new replacement patch antenna from DJI but have yet to fly it. (The previous patch antenna lost signal at 500-1000 ft.) The night before, while planning a test flight, I confirmed the cendence recognized the patch antenna whereas the previous one did not. The next day, I took everything outside for the test flight and when I powered up my CS ultra was dead, Dead, DEAD! Not even a single light on the battery ! I have charged it since and it has remained charged the past couple days but I have not had time to confirm the range on the patch antenna. Now I'm worried about this battery issue! I did search and I have found some others who describe similar problems. Believe it's probably FW related.
Hope to try again tomorrow if time allows.
With the CS when you only turn it off with the power button it goes to sleep mode. The processor is still alive, only sleeping so to speek. It drains slowly the battery and after a few days the battery is dead. If you are not planing on using the CS for a while remove the battery or turn it off completely by holding the power button for a few seconds untill the window appears asking if you want to Power off or Reboot. Choose the Power off and the battery in CS will remain charged for much longer.

With the CS when you only turn it off with the power button it goes to sleep mode. The processor is still alive, only sleeping so to speek. It drains slowly the battery and after a few days the battery is dead. If you are not planing on using the CS for a while remove the battery or turn it off completely by holding the power button for a few seconds untill the window appears asking if you want to Power off or Reboot. Choose the Power off and the battery in CS will remain charged for much longer.

I have always done as you pointed out, press and hold then power off. I suppose it is possible that I simply forgot to shut down properly but this is the first time this has happened and I am having a hard time believe it was simply coincidence. Also, this was only over night, less than 24 hours. Even if it was put to "sleep", that is absolutely horrible and unacceptable power/resource management from any device beyond a simply flashlight! I do not believe for a second that this device is not capable of powering itself off in the event of a drained battery (meaning BEFORE the battery has absolutely no sign of life left) There is no warning, no auto shutoff or anything?

I must admit, I am an apple fan and the CS is my first android device and will be my last if this is the norm. I have never seen anything remotely close to this from my apple products. I almost never completely power off my laptop/ipad/iphone. They are all capable of sleeping for extended periods and will power themselves off if the battery gets too low. That being said, I'm sure this is a DJI issue and probably doesn't occur with other android devices. More input from other android users (non DJI) would be appreciated. Do you feel this is an Android or DJI issue?

Reactions: inspiredbyinspire
I have always done as you pointed out, press and hold then power off. I suppose it is possible that I simply forgot to shut down properly but this is the first time this has happened and I am having a hard time believe it was simply coincidence. Also, this was only over night, less than 24 hours. Even if it was put to "sleep", that is absolutely horrible and unacceptable power/resource management from any device beyond a simply flashlight! I do not believe for a second that this device is not capable of powering itself off in the event of a drained battery (meaning BEFORE the battery has absolutely no sign of life left) There is no warning, no auto shutoff or anything?

I must admit, I am an apple fan and the CS is my first android device and will be my last if this is the norm. I have never seen anything remotely close to this from my apple products. I almost never completely power off my laptop/ipad/iphone. They are all capable of sleeping for extended periods and will power themselves off if the battery gets too low. That being said, I'm sure this is a DJI issue and probably doesn't occur with other android devices. More input from other android users (non DJI) would be appreciated. Do you feel this is an Android or DJI issue?
If it drained your battery flat overnight, there is definitely a problem either with your battery or your CS or both. If I leave my CS (no UB) in sleep mode, it drains about 1-2% of battery charge overnight.

Last edited:
If it drained your battery flat overnight, there is definitely a problem either with your battery or your CS or both. If I leave my CS (no UB) in sleep mode, it drains about 1-2% of battery charge overnight.

Yes, overnight and completely dead. Not even a single light when test button was pressed. Charged fine and had remained charged for days. Haven't checked it since. The other battery was installed in the CS and was also checked for several days afterward and there was no indication of abnormal discharge. Hopefully spending some time with it the next couple days and will be trying out the POI on the iPad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84