Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Certificate of Insurance

Reaction score
Website
www.lancekoudele.com
I need a Certificate of Insurance issued for tomorrow for an hour flight. I usually use Verifly but the client is asking for "a COI naming us additional insured on a primary and non-contributory basis and have the certificate be accompanied by an endorsement"

Can anyone help?

I've gotten what the insurance underwriter's call an ACORD 25 form for two National Forests, but it was through my equipment and general liability insurance as an addition (The forest add-on was only $20 or so per forest as they have to do some back-and-forth paperwork from the agency I use.). I don't know if the online ones are capable of providing the ACORD's that quick or in writing that most want. Mine took about two weeks, but it's good for the length of the annual policy. This was also for ground-based commercial shooting and not the drone, but agency said it's much the same paperwork process.

Odd part was at one location, I never saw the ACORD paperwork as the agency and the movie site was doing some secret back-and-forth stuff with me left out of the picture. Guess the insurance company didn't want me to see the papers for fear I'd make phony copies for later ACORD's (They have to be OK'd by the agencies underwriter too.). That or the movie site's property master didn't believe any ACORD 25 paperwork I might give him might be thinking it was a forgery so he did the background checking.

Reactions: bluelight.support
I need a Certificate of Insurance issued for tomorrow for an hour flight. I usually use Verifly but the client is asking for "a COI naming us additional insured on a primary and non-contributory basis and have the certificate be accompanied by an endorsement"

Can anyone help?
Hi - here is how you add an additional insured: How do I add an additional insured? - Verifly Support

Since Verifly generates the policies for each mission, it is not necessary to use an endorsement for the additional insureds. Likewise there is no need for waiver (not sure if this has been asked but it does get requested from time to time) My customer wants me to give them a waiver of subrogation. Can you do that? - Verifly Support

Verifly is a Primary policy as can be seen in the Sample Policy Can I see a sample policy before I purchase? - Verifly Support

Hope this helps. N.B. the fastest way to get us is to start a support case (particularly late Friday evening) - go to support.verifly.com or email [email protected]

Good luck!

Best,

Jay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy