Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Change Aircraft Name

Just been speaking to DJI China to try and get the name of the copter changed, and they have confirmed that there is no way to change the name..... Well my 29 years in IT tunes me into male bovine deposits regarding "systems being unable to be updated.

also Im missing the box for the gimbal, and they are telling me they can provide me one for free, but the transport costs from china are going to be extremely expensive....

They are with out a doubt the worst Customer service people I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with french customer services in the past.... they actually now look good in comparison

Problem is.... It is registered and named to someone else, and DJI Germany said there is nothing they can do, and suggested I speak to China directly.

Hasn't DJI thought that the copter 'may' change hands and the registration should be changed accordingly.

My **** flight log keeps showing the previous owners name on the copter......
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I might be in this position soon; is there no way to change/reset the owner and flight data on the Inspire? What happens when you connect your Pilot app to a previously-registered craft?

(Although now that I think about it, it might be good for the previous flight data to be present, just so someone doesn't fly 30 times and then say "I never took it out of the box!")

AFAIK the flight data is linked to the pilot, not the aircraft so you'll have nothing in the log.
But you won't be able to choose a name for the aircraft and it won't show in your aircraft list.

AFAIK the flight data is linked to the pilot, not the aircraft so you'll have nothing in the log.
But you won't be able to choose a name for the aircraft and it won't show in your aircraft list.
Hmm.. Thanks, Kilrah... followup question:
Will flight logs still populate in my User Center, even if I can't rename it or display on my registered aircraft list?

Yep.
But again don't rely on them if it's important for you to have a log of everything you do as they're not particularly reliable especially if using multiple devices.

Yep.
But again don't rely on them if it's important for you to have a log of everything you do as they're not particularly reliable especially if using multiple devices.
Thanks! Nah, it's just recreationally; I just want to make sure I have as much of the 'Inspire Owner' experience as possible.

Sad that DJI doesn't have anything in place for changing ownership. Even their worshipped model company (Apple) has that!

Reactions: Kilrah
I also have a used inspired in someone else's name. Are there any other downfalls to this? I saved $500 and it flys perfectly fine. Does the previous owner get photos I take or is he able to log into something and see flight logs and stuff for the flights I am doing?

From a user point of view no (my own I1 was first updated/registered by a friend of mine and has it in his account but he doesn't see what I do).

Old thread I know...but you can now change the aircraft name in iOS Go App 2.8.2

General Settings > Device Name (appears above 'About' when the aircraft is connected)

Old thread I know...but you can now change the aircraft name in iOS Go App 2.8.2

General Settings > Device Name (appears above 'About' when the aircraft is connected)

DJI have their brightest developers working on this feature as we speak. Last time I spoke to them they told me you wont be able to manually change the name, but it will generate a new name based on all your connected social media profiles. The expected completion date will be mid 2025, to coincide with the launch of the Inspire 10. ;)

DJI have their brightest developers working on this feature as we speak. Last time I spoke to them they told me you wont be able to manually change the name, but it will generate a new name based on all your connected social media profiles. The expected completion date will be mid 2025, to coincide with the launch of the Inspire 10. ;)
I knew you were talking gibberish as soon as I got to the phrase 'brightest developers' :p

Reactions: Moleyb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide