Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cheap and effective OSMO tripod mount.

I was looking for a quick little tripod mount for the awesome-o and found this gem on Amazon for 7 bucks.

Amazon.com : AmazonBasics Lightweight Mini Tripod : Camera & Photo

View attachment 5974 View attachment 5975

You inspired me. For those of you that have a bunch of gorillapods and mini tripods lying around your home like I do, this adapter ought to do the trick:

Amazon.com: Esonstyle Mini Ball Head with Lock and Hot Shoe Adapter Camera Cradle Color: Ball Head, Model: , Electronic Store & More: Electronics

Note: I will make zillions of dollars if you all use that link.

I recently bought a Osmo and the original tripod DJI is absurdly expensive here in Brazil (The equivalent of $100).

I have some equipment to photograph my DSLR camera and my old GoPro.

See the alternative that improvised tripod for Osmo.

Gorilla Tripod

Tripod Head 360

091909e7wagjszncs7aako.jpg

091421zn8l784p51y78up6.jpg

Ps.: We had the same thought! :)

Reactions: Ascender
Yeo I think I looked at that adapter too. The advantage I found on the Esonstyle is a cold shoe mount on the bottom.

I recently bought a Osmo and the original tripod DJI is absurdly expensive here in Brazil (The equivalent of $100).

I have some equipment to photograph my DSLR camera and my old GoPro.

See the alternative that improvised tripod for Osmo.

Gorilla Tripod

Tripod Head 360

091909e7wagjszncs7aako.jpg

091421zn8l784p51y78up6.jpg

Ps.: We had the same thought! :)

Put your old "Mic stand" to work. I used an old table-top mic stand to facilitate a "top down" POV work bench shoot. Worked great and was FREE once I was able to locate it and dust it off in storage. Clothespin style mic clip is what I have..... holds the OSMO tight. A floor mic stand would work great too.........

B&H carries the mic clip for $6.00......On-Stage MY200 Clothespin-Style Plastic Mic Clip MY200 B&H Photo

MicStand.JPG

Does the OSMO use a standard thread that most tripods etc. uses?
And is the Rosette mount DJI´s own invention or is it a standardized thing?

As somebody has mentioned earlier the OSMO accessories is a bit too expensive here in Europe, so it should be nice not to be restricted to only DJI accessories?

Im especially looking for a car mount that works with the OSMO and doesn't cost 90 USD plus shipping.

Im looking for a car mount for the OSMO that doesn't cost 79 Euro. I have seen this mount online for only a few dollars. Should this work as a car mount, or maybe the suction cup isn't strong enough since its only 1 suction cup?

mount.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela