Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hoodman Hoods - For Sunny Days, Great tool

Reaction score
All things have have a path to positive outcomes... when my CrystalSky Ultrabright went DOA in the field, I had no way to use my iPad Pro 9.5 with the M210 Credence RC. This prompted me to order the Credence iPad mount and an iPad Pro black extension. The Credence iPad mount is slick & quick to swap but won't fit a 10.5. Now have a backup screen system... yeh?

Attempting to use a few days later on bright sunny day to record flood videos, quickly showed minimal visibility in bright Sun. I had 1 shade and tried 3 different easily obtainable sun shades, all similar with similar results... basically useless. Maybe my aging eyes or accustomed to looking through an SLR viewfinder having a clear view of frame, focus & exposures... and that prompted the purchase of the Hoodman hood kits for iPad Mini & iPad Pro 9.5. Wow, what a kit! They are a bit intimidating in size and adds a bit of weight but they meet the requirements 100%! I haven't verified, but I think may be a side benefit too... They not only provide a "night time" view of the screen, they also shield the iPad from baking in direct sunlight which may help in the iPad overheating issues when outside. You feel a little odd carrying this setup around, but can't argue the superior screen visibility.

CrystalSky UB is in route back all repaired, and the iPad Pro Mini mount also fits the CS 7.85 units. The lower half of the kit may be all that is needed with the CS units.

DJI Credence iPad Mount
Buy Inspire 2/Cendence Remote Controller Mobile Device Holder - DJI Store
Black Extension - Perfect match to Credence iPad Mount- Fits 9-12 iPads.
Tablet Extension - DJI Remotes
Nifty recoiling iPad Leads, great for RC
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074L122NB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hoodman Hood Visors
Aviator Hoods

Last edited:
All things have have a path to positive outcomes... when my CrystalSky Ultrabright went DOA in the field, I had no way to use my iPad Pro 9.5 with the M210 Credence RC. This prompted me to order the Credence iPad mount and an iPad Pro black extension. The Credence iPad mount is slick & quick to swap but won't fit a 10.5. Now have a backup screen system... yeh?

Attempting to use a few days later on bright sunny day to record flood videos, quickly showed minimal visibility in bright Sun. I had 1 shade and tried 3 different easily obtainable sun shades, all similar with similar results... basically useless. Maybe my aging eyes or accustomed to looking through an SLR viewfinder having a clear view of frame, focus & exposures... and that prompted the purchase of the Hoodman hood kits for iPad Mini & iPad Pro 9.5. Wow, what a kit! They are a bit intimidating in size and adds a bit of weight but they meet the requirements 100%! I haven't verified, but I think may be a side benefit too... They not only provide a "night time" view of the screen, they also shield the iPad from baking in direct sunlight which may help in the iPad overheating issues when outside. You feel a little odd carrying this setup around, but can't argue the superior screen visibility.

CrystalSky UB is in route back all repaired, and the iPad Pro Mini mount also fits the CS 7.85 units. The lower half of the kit may be all that is needed with the CS units.

DJI Credence iPad Mount
Buy Inspire 2/Cendence Remote Controller Mobile Device Holder - DJI Store
Black Extension - Perfect match to Credence iPad Mount- Fits 9-12 iPads.
Tablet Extension - DJI Remotes
Nifty recoiling iPad Leads, great for RC
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074L122NB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hoodman Hood Visors
Aviator Hoods
Old news I’m afraid. Many of us have been using Hoodman products for a number of years.
There are threads going back to 2016 regarding their sunshades.

Old news I’m afraid. Many of us have been using Hoodman products for a number of years.
There are threads going back to 2016 regarding their sunshades.
Oh well... new to me! Lol... and the 9.5" is a new model available. They are nice!

Always new flyers, and old threads have a tendency of fading away. Also tidbits on other pieces some may find useful.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry