Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Checking Batteries

Reaction score
I come from a world of racing electric boats where we are always checking our batteries. Most lipo batteries have a balancing lead where you can check the health of each cell as well as the overall health of the battery. The inspire doesn't have that kind of lead on the battery. Is there some way to find out the charge level of the battery other than putting in the drone and using the DJI go app?

I come from a world of racing electric boats where we are always checking our batteries. Most lipo batteries have a balancing lead where you can check the health of each cell as well as the overall health of the battery. The inspire doesn't have that kind of lead on the battery. Is there some way to find out the charge level of the battery other than putting in the drone and using the DJI go app?
Press the button on the battery!
Page 20 of the user manual.

Yeah, you get some pretty lights that way, but doesn't ell me what the voltage is or what each cell might be reading.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, unless you somehow mod the packs so you can somehow use the "balance plug" to check cell health, you are going to need to put them in the bird and fire them up. I think this has to do with the "smart battery" feature.

Yeah, you get some pretty lights that way, but doesn't ell me what the voltage is or what each cell might be reading.
Ahh, your question was inquiring about checking the charge level of the battery (pack) which is what I thought your were after.
In order to check cell levels your only option is the app.

Pretty sure Healthy Drones can give you that info too; you can get basic info as to the condition with the free package and can get more detailed info with the chargeable packages.

Battery panel in the GO app is very informative for cell voltage. I set a C2 button preset to monitor. Cell voltage per cell is usually very close. Huge drops can be concerning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn