Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

cinnessd reader not working.

Reaction score
hey, I recently picked up a inspire 2 with Prores, set of ssd card and reader, I am having a issue connecting the reader to my Mac book, will not show up at all, usb 3.0 ssd reader, not lightening, all the searches I have done so far seem to lead to a software issue of dji side but they are rather dated(3-4 years old) is this still a known issue or is there something that I maybe over looking? the reader appears to power up fine, light is green, I have attached the secondary power source in case that was a issue, I have tried rebooting with reader connected as I have seen in other articles but still not working. there is a chance the the cable is not factory, could that be the issue, I don't have a pc to try on.
any thoughts or experience is appreciated.

Not sure which Mac system you are using but you need to check the system report under the apple About this Mac, it should be listed under USB/ Thunderbolt, also the drive should show up in the disk utility, for some reason you may have an issue reading the windows file system?

The old ssd reader for I1 had to be first connected to the usb port and then to reboot the Mac. After reboot the reader becomes visible.

Not sure which Mac system you are using but you need to check the system report under the apple About this Mac, it should be listed under USB/ Thunderbolt, also the drive should show up in the disk utility, for some reason you may have an issue reading the windows file system?
Brand new Mac book m2, the reader powers up but doesn’t show connected anywhere. Going to try a pc tomorrow, told by others it is a software with DJI.

hey, I recently picked up a inspire 2 with Prores, set of ssd card and reader, I am having a issue connecting the reader to my Mac book, will not show up at all, usb 3.0 ssd reader, not lightening, all the searches I have done so far seem to lead to a software issue of dji side but they are rather dated(3-4 years old) is this still a known issue or is there something that I maybe over looking? the reader appears to power up fine, light is green, I have attached the secondary power source in case that was a issue, I have tried rebooting with reader connected as I have seen in other articles but still not working. there is a chance the the cable is not factory, could that be the issue, I don't have a pc to try on.
any thoughts or experience is appreciated.
Have you opened disk utility to check and see if the card is mounting?

I have the same issue as well, sometimes it works on the Mac sometimes it doesn’t. I just use my PC when I use the Cinessd

I have the same issue as well, sometimes it works on the Mac sometimes it doesn’t. I just use my PC when I use the Cinessd
Stupid me gave my pc to my daughter when I got the MAC book, didn’t think I needed it anymore, got the MAC book to resolve the issue of my videos won’t read in raw with the mini 3 pro or mavic 3, guess I need both.

I’ve found that having PC & Mac is ideal. if I’m doing a mapping job with my P4Pro I need to use iOS for drone deploy, yet when I’m updating all my drones i use the PC to run the DJI software, the DJI software is very difficult to get working on the Mac.

I’ve found that having PC & Mac is ideal. if I’m doing a mapping job with my P4Pro I need to use iOS for drone deploy, yet when I’m updating all my drones i use the PC to run the DJI software, the DJI software is very difficult to get working on the Mac.
Yup, I have found a few things that Mac doesn’t work with DJI. Seems odd to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry