Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Classic catch!

Reaction score
This guy almost lost his P2 over the drink. Critical low battery warning kicked in and she bagan to auto land. Thankfully his marathon dash got him there in the nick of time.
We must never push the envelope and never ignore the low battery warnings.
As funny and as awesome as this may be, please always fly safely!

Enjoy!

Hopefully he knows that the phantom is replaceable, and not his skull if he would have slipped on those wet rocks the wrong way[emoji15]!! "Great Save", but perfect example of what NOT TO DO, JMHO[emoji6]!!

Reactions: sirnikolas
would it shut the motors off automatically if caught like that?

Screw running over those rocks to save a phantom, I got hospitalized for three days after operating a unmanned water vehicle and slipping on a slimy rock by not paying enough attention to what I was doing in real life.

Id never run over rocks again, especially not to save a phantom

Hopefully he knows that the phantom is replaceable, and not his skull if he would have slipped on those wet rocks the wrong way[emoji15]!! "Great Save", but perfect example of what NOT TO DO, JMHO[emoji6]!!

exactly, I had to have CAT scans and have a bit of my ear stiched back on after doing a similar thing

People do extremely stupid things in "panic" situations and usually their own safety is the last thing they think of...
With a friend we had to stop a guy whose dog had just been grabbed by a crocodile while swimming in a river... because he was about to jump in the water to try and save it (but rather get eaten himself).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
People do extremely stupid things in "panic" situations and usually their own safety is the last thing they care about...
With a friend we had to stop a guy whose dog had just been grabbed by a crocodile while swimming in a river... because he was about to jump in the water to try and "save" it (but rather get eaten himself).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Good lord, man...

10394790_10152642359782719_6053277426927249597_n_zpsbnjlze6j.jpg

It's quite common after all. Fail video compilations wouldn't get millions of hits in a day otherwise :D

Reactions: sirnikolas
This guy almost lost his P2 over the drink. Critical low battery warning kicked in and she bagan to auto land. Thankfully his marathon dash got him there in the nick of time.
We must never push the envelope and never ignore the low battery warnings.
As funny and as awesome as this may be, please always fly safely!

Enjoy!

Sorry, but my all time favourite has to be this one (if you haven't seen it before)

I challenge you to watch it and not even crack a smile :p........

Sorry, but my all time favourite has to be this one (if you haven't seen it before)

I challenge you to watch it and not even crack a smile :p........

Directly thought of that video, when I saw what this one was about. :)

Last edited:
Ahahaha, that is so awesome. I would have done the same thing, although that first one looks pretty dodgy with those waves crashing in on the rocks...

that last one didnt shut the motors off automatically,
anyone reckon the first ones been set up ?

I was shooting a music video for Tommy Lee on top of a 15 story hotel,using our P2 V+ we were out of battery and the warning came on, one last shot was needed which required flying out through an archway to reveal the top of the hotel with the band playing on the roof.

Went for it, got the shot but as I am flying back in the bird starts dropping in altitude, full sticks up but not maintaining height. its just too low to get back over the ledge but one of my cameramen leans out, hands outstretched and grabs it just in time. Luckily we had done a few water launches and landings so he knew what to do. that could have been a 15 floor drop for a P2 v+

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44