Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Clear Lens came cracked, DJI wants to replace whole drone

Reaction score
Clear Lens came cracked, DJI wants to replace whole drone instead of me mailing just the Camera or the actual Lens piece that has the feature to be removed. I do not understand why I need to send the whole thing!? It would save both parties time and money i would assume if i were to just mail the broken lens and mailed back a new one?!?!

Alright there was a miscommunication/ misunderstanding on my end. It's actually what they call a lens "Filter" that was cracked. We worked that out over email and they overnighted me a clear replacement.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I pulled my ND filter out of the protective case today and it was shattered! I ordered 4 different 37mm filters off of Amazon for $22. Seemed faster!

Be careful, the threads are not like typical photo filter lenses. I bought some, with in and outside threads, they defiantly don't work.

Reactions: Kilrah
Oh.

Got my Inspire 1 a couple of hours ago. After reading this thread i wanted to check out my filter.. first thing i see was:
vxqtfh.jpg

Was like "noo, shattered!". But turns out it was just some protective stuff infront of the glass. no damage at all to it. =)

Beware of cheap filters. Usually they are not coated and often have high incidents of glare and lens flare.
You get what you pay for. (Most of the time!!)

I'm a hipster and love lots of lens flare. all my YouTube subscribers enjoy the constant distraction

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime