COA and CAPS

Reaction score
Sir(s)

Has anyone else found it impossible to register with DOT's MY ACCESS?
I can not verify some very simple information, I'm not sure what options I have.

In order to get access you must fill out the application and get a Declaration Letter from what ever Public Entity you are applying access for. Once that is approved you will get access.

Reactions: Anonymous Pilot
In order to get access you must fill out the application and get a Declaration Letter from what ever Public Entity you are applying access for. Once that is approved you will get access.

Thank you,

My Agency already has a recently approved COA, but part of that is reporting through CAPS.
Our COA was hosted through another Agency if that makes sense.

The error message from CAPS is my date of birth and home address, both of which are correct.
I used my private phone number and my actual home address.

Ah Ok, wasnt enough info to figure out what you were trying to do. Call the help desk they can usually get you going .. 866-466-5221

Yeah, I tried that; I was told to try an register someone else instead, not what I had hoped. Thank you though.

Excellent information, thank you.

I too have done all that for my agency. we have county phones so IM stuck right now trying to find out how to get access to CAPS as my personal phone is on a family plan and I cannot verify who I am until there is someone with a specific private phone. So frustrating.

MyAccess uses Lexis/Nexis to verify, so some will have issues getting in. I finallly had to use my wife’s info to get access to MyAccess.

Once the declaration letter was approved with FAA legal, we then had to submit the COA registration form and I used that same MyAccess email that was my wife’s so they would link once the FAA approved that.

I then submitted the COA info last week in CAPS/MyAccess and now we wait for approval. Once approved we will follow up with a J-COA.

And I thought dealing with the IRS was bad, FAA makes that look easy!