Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI x3 and Inspire 1 support (2023)

Reaction score
Hi,

Well I bricked my x3 camera on my Inspire 1 by accidentally leaving the transmitter on during a firmware upgrade. I have the 0800 and 1500 "device not found" lines in the hidden files after flashing and the camera has no image but boots and calibrates.

Ok, so derp.. I'll send it to DJI and pay for the fix.. my fault. Nope. Called support today after not finding the x3 or Inspire 1 listed under the support requests at dji.com.. The support rep said DJI is no longer servicing the I1 or x3 devices. Does anyone know who can still repair a x3 with a corrupt video module?

Thanks and good luck all! I'm going to be waaaaay more careful with my Inspire now that DJI has given us the.. -peace out..

Reactions: CoreySnipes
I repair the X3 gimbals. Not sure it is fixable but I would be glad to try. No charge if I can't. I do have some used X3 gimbals and it probably would be cheaper to swap it out. I am in Upstate NY if you are nearby

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Hi,

Well I bricked my x3 camera on my Inspire 1 by accidentally leaving the transmitter on during a firmware upgrade.
As far as I know, this doesn't brick the Inspire 1. I've done many firmware upgrades and firmware repairs on bricked Inspire 1's. On the off chance you HAVE bricked your Inspire 1, you just need to reflash it. Try this to bring it back from the depths of despair:

And if that doesn't fix it, try this:

I have the 0800 and 1500 "device not found" lines in the hidden files after flashing and the camera has no image but boots and calibrates.
I assume you tried re-binding the controller to the Inspire, yes?

Ok, so derp.. I'll send it to DJI and pay for the fix.. my fault. Nope. Called support today after not finding the x3 or Inspire 1 listed under the support requests at dji.com.. The support rep said DJI is no longer servicing the I1 or x3 devices. Does anyone know who can still repair a x3 with a corrupt video module?
No. But I have a lot of doubt with your conclusion. You should include more information in your post...a LOT more. Video would help, too. I had one guy who I was corresponding with back and forth. It wasn't until he made a video that I immediately spotted his problem. So make a video and narrate it while you shoot.

Thanks and good luck all! I'm going to be waaaaay more careful with my Inspire now that DJI has given us the.. -peace out..
The good new is that the Inspire 1 is a VERY robust drone. I still shoot with mine every week and have for years. I'm 90% sure your Inspire is not permanently bricked.

D

As far as I know, this doesn't brick the Inspire 1. I've done many firmware upgrades and firmware repairs on bricked Inspire 1's. On the off chance you HAVE bricked your Inspire 1, you just need to reflash it. Try this to bring it back from the depths of despair:

And if that doesn't fix it, try this:

I assume you tried re-binding the controller to the Inspire, yes?

No. But I have a lot of doubt with your conclusion. You should include more information in your post...a LOT more. Video would help, too. I had one guy who I was corresponding with back and forth. It wasn't until he made a video that I immediately spotted his problem. So make a video and narrate it while you shoot.

The good new is that the Inspire 1 is a VERY robust drone. I still shoot with mine every week and have for years. I'm 90% sure your Inspire is not permanently bricked.

D
I believe he said it bricked the camera, not the drone itself. I am no expert, just an observation that made me curious enough to ask.

Mike

Thanks for the replies. I also found two drone repair places online that will take the camera and if they can't repair it there will be no charge.

I think before I send the camera in I will play around with some firmware flashing downgrades to see if I can get it to come back to life.

Thanks for the replies. I also found two drone repair places online that will take the camera and if they can't repair it there will be no charge.

I think before I send the camera in I will play around with some firmware flashing downgrades to see if I can get it to come back to life.
Follow the reflash regimen in the videos I provided. It can't hurt and will tease out if this is a hardware or firmware issue. I'm going with "hardware" with 90% confidence. X3's are cheap - about 200 bux. You'll spend more than that on shipping and repair, would be my guess. Find someone in your town with an Inspire 1 and an X3 so you can mix and match for troubleshooting.

Beware that if you do purchase a new X3, the X3 for OSMO will NOT work on the Inspire 1.

D

Hi,

So my buddy loaned me his V1 and we tried a to do an in place upgrade to 1.11 firmware and we tried downgrading to 1.8.0.1. In both cases my inspire 1 will accept the firmware loads with his x3 camera but they both fail at the same spot near the end of the flashing process with my bricked x3. Logs still show device not found on 0800 and 1500.

I have all the logs for our attempts but if the camera is "pooched" like Donnie said in a different post I found then I doubt I'll continue I was able to pick up a Z3 camera yesterday to replace this one and will keep this bricked x3 for a crash spare since the gimble is still good. Might still toy with sending it in for a free estimate to the places I found online.

I still have both drones and cameras and am willing to try and keep flashing to unbrick the bad x3 if anyone has any thoughts.

It fails at the end of the flashing process after going through all motors, sensors, etc. Go from D-D-D-D to dddddddddddddddd..... endlessly. Logs show ALL firmware updates fail because the first camera verification failed to find the device.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope