Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cold Weather Battery Insulation Jacket

Are You interested in using one?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Following on from @damoncooper thread

Inflight Battery Warmer | DJI Inspire Forum

I have been working and testing something similar for a couple of months now. I have put it out to a couple of manufacturers for costing. I have cleared this with @The Editor.

My reason for this is I have a project in march and expecting temps of -35ºc

I am trying to get prototypes made which I will send to people genually testing in cold weather before committing to a big run.

They work really well and are quick and easy to install. A button hole will be made in the back to allow for tail lights to be fitted as in the picture. (the one is not the best but I am testing cheap to expensive ones)

Pack warmers can be slid under the jacket on either side if its getting really cold.

Anyone interested in testing please shout out.
Any suggestions welcomed.

D

IMG_0793.jpeg IMG_0792.jpeg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454540824.386697.jpg
i took some rubber line insulation (dji uses same core materian on their stickers) added some cartonplast plust made a cutout for the batteries like the ones sold. until now they worked fine. i 3D printed myself a template for cutout pattern. double sided tap on one side and should be good. i also insulated front and back "holes" not only sides.
here is a pic of one side insulation plate which covers the insulated battery side.
i use 3M dual lock 70 heads for good hold.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1454541162.820815.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454541186.603300.jpg

Reactions: damoncooper
Following on from @damoncooper thread

Inflight Battery Warmer | DJI Inspire Forum

I have been working and testing something similar for a couple of months now. I have put it out to a couple of manufacturers for costing. I have cleared this with @The Editor.

My reason for this is I have a project in march and expecting temps of -35ºc

I am trying to get prototypes made which I will send to people genually testing in cold weather before committing to a big run.

They work really well and are quick and easy to install. A button hole will be made in the back to allow for tail lights to be fitted as in the picture. (the one is not the best but I am testing cheap to expensive ones)

Pack warmers can be slid under the jacket on either side if its getting really cold.

Anyone interested in testing please shout out.
Any suggestions welcomed.

D

View attachment 6094 View attachment 6095
I think I'll do something like this when it gets cold again. Looks great. What's the thing on the back with the light?

You might like what I am using; visible from 3 miles away, it looks like an airplane's blinking light in the sky but the best part is weighs 4 grams and the size of your thumbnail. I use a piece of gorilla tape between the light and drone, then top it off with a little piece of gaffer tape, just to be sure. When you turn it on, it's os bright you'd better cover the light part with your finger or it might make you go blind.

You might like what I am using; visible from 3 miles away, it looks like an airplane's blinking light in the sky but the best part is weighs 4 grams and the size of your thumbnail. I use a piece of gorilla tape between the light and drone, then top it off with a little piece of gaffer tape, just to be sure. When you turn it on, it's os bright you'd better cover the light part with your finger or it might make you go blind.

This thread is three and a half years old so most are using high intensity led strobes now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207