Cold Weather Inspire Deaths

How or where do you have the aux batteries? And how do you put the inspire in battery mod? Thanks

I wish Dji Go would display battery temp all the time like it does with voltage.

Does anyone know what max safe temp is?

I did some testing recently and as long i was starting with a warm battery, even at 0c outside temp, my batteries all warmed up during flight without any insulation so i would guess overheating is a real possibility at anything warmer.

I would say if you are at 65ºc you are at max. I had 57ºc when I forgot to take off the insulation jacket and on Healthy drones it came up "cooking"!

@jon b what was your min / Max temp at that. X3 or X5 and what where your flight times? Packs?
Cheers
D

This is nuts!! With all this sophisticated 'software' controlling the battery packs and DJI can't monitor the individual cells and give a warning if one is falling faster than the others??? That should be SIMPLE to implement ... And, why the problem w. cold weather ... LiOn batteries heat up rapidly when used ... how can cold weather be having any effect like this??

This sucks but i fly my i1 in feezing weather and crazy wind with no prob. I keep my batt warm tho but i will be careful from now on just in case.

Pics from yesterday -30c

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 32
I really think that is amazing that you still have your Inspire after the battery turned off - how did you know it turned off? what did you do to make it turn off and still have battery power left in the aux?

I find it disappointing for DJI. I have said time and time again, I would rather the Inspire completely ruin the battery ($200) than the $4000 or even $7000 Inspire.

I am positive there is still power to give even when the battery determines it is too low, that extra 30 seconds of battery remaining could mean the difference of life or death for the inspire.

what is this software your using to see all this awesome info?

I turned it off myself while in flight. Press, then press again. By hand. Lights out. Don't try this at home kids Aircraft remained powered by the external batteries since they are connected to the aircraft via battery terminal after the logic board.

Weren't you worried about turning it off and it falling?

Weren't you worried about turning it off and it falling?

Sure, but I knew the power would be fed to the aircraft because of how the battery mod is wired. The only question then was: did DJI really want to ensure only a DJI battery powered the Inspire so badly that they would not only prevent the aircraft from starting if a DJI battery wasn't present but keep checking it's authenticity during flight and be willing to key it drop from the sky if communication was broken with it but power remained on.

I bet they wouldn't let it drop from the sky and I was right, thankfully.