Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cold Weather Inspire Deaths

As I posted in the battery mod thread:

Ok I've tested full main TB48 battery shutdown while in flight with the aux batteries attached with the battery mod and - as expected - the Inspire keeps on flying albeit with a battery error on app. I had full control of the aircraft even though the main TB48 was OFF.

Bring on the DJI battery failures. I'm ready.

Loving my battery mod. Especially with reports of Inspires dropping from the sky due to battery failure and my very expensive X5R on preorder!
How or where do you have the aux batteries? And how do you put the inspire in battery mod? Thanks

I wish Dji Go would display battery temp all the time like it does with voltage.

Does anyone know what max safe temp is?

I did some testing recently and as long i was starting with a warm battery, even at 0c outside temp, my batteries all warmed up during flight without any insulation so i would guess overheating is a real possibility at anything warmer.

I wish Dji Go would display battery temp all the time like it does with voltage.

Does anyone know what max safe temp is?

I did some testing recently and as long i was starting with a warm battery, even at 0c outside temp, my batteries all warmed up during flight without any insulation so i would guess overheating is a real possibility at anything warmer.
I would say if you are at 65ºc you are at max. I had 57ºc when I forgot to take off the insulation jacket and on Healthy drones it came up "cooking"!

So I've been flying in the cold Wisconsin weather of late 20F (-6C) and there about. 100% charged, I keep the batts warm till I install them, then power up and spin the props for a min, then hover for another min. If everything looks stable, off I go. So far, no issues at all.

@jon b what was your min / Max temp at that. X3 or X5 and what where your flight times? Packs?
Cheers
D

This is nuts!! With all this sophisticated 'software' controlling the battery packs and DJI can't monitor the individual cells and give a warning if one is falling faster than the others??? That should be SIMPLE to implement ... And, why the problem w. cold weather ... LiOn batteries heat up rapidly when used ... how can cold weather be having any effect like this??

As I posted in the battery mod thread:

Ok I've tested full main TB48 battery shutdown while in flight with the aux batteries attached with the battery mod and - as expected - the Inspire keeps on flying albeit with a battery error on app. I had full control of the aircraft even though the main TB48 was OFF.

Bring on the DJI battery failures. I'm ready.

Loving my battery mod. Especially with reports of Inspires dropping from the sky due to battery failure and my very expensive X5R on preorder!
I really think that is amazing that you still have your Inspire after the battery turned off - how did you know it turned off? what did you do to make it turn off and still have battery power left in the aux?

I find it disappointing for DJI. I have said time and time again, I would rather the Inspire completely ruin the battery ($200) than the $4000 or even $7000 Inspire.

I am positive there is still power to give even when the battery determines it is too low, that extra 30 seconds of battery remaining could mean the difference of life or death for the inspire.

View attachment 5994 ]
I don't understand what happing, I1 fly with the TB48 I realized that when moved could not keep low speeds, and 9-10 min starts appear to battery voltage in yellow and with 45% load, but the return of security bar and safefly say I'm with 3min operations, I was afraid of a power failure and some sensors turn off and happen one flyaway as already reported by other users of Phatons however. the message that appears is the one below every time prompts shift in joystick.

View attachment 5998

And "propulsion output is limited to ensure the safety of the battery"

Someone has seen something?

what is this software your using to see all this awesome info?

I really think that is amazing that you still have your Inspire after the battery turned off - how did you know it turned off? what did you do to make it turn off and still have battery power left in the aux?

I find it disappointing for DJI. I have said time and time again, I would rather the Inspire completely ruin the battery ($200) than the $4000 or even $7000 Inspire.

I am positive there is still power to give even when the battery determines it is too low, that extra 30 seconds of battery remaining could mean the difference of life or death for the inspire.

I turned it off myself while in flight. Press, then press again. By hand. Lights out. Don't try this at home kids :) Aircraft remained powered by the external batteries since they are connected to the aircraft via battery terminal after the logic board.

I turned it off myself while in flight. Press, then press again. By hand. Lights out. Don't try this at home kids :) Aircraft remained powered by the external batteries since they are connected to the aircraft via battery terminal after the logic board.

Weren't you worried about turning it off and it falling?

Weren't you worried about turning it off and it falling?

Sure, but I knew the power would be fed to the aircraft because of how the battery mod is wired. The only question then was: did DJI really want to ensure only a DJI battery powered the Inspire so badly that they would not only prevent the aircraft from starting if a DJI battery wasn't present but keep checking it's authenticity during flight and be willing to key it drop from the sky if communication was broken with it but power remained on.

I bet they wouldn't let it drop from the sky and I was right, thankfully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix