Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Comparing Heliengagen and T-Motor CF Props

2-4 mph wind can easily give opposite results in ground speed and distance flown.
Clouds have updrafts causing change of conditions and flight altitude is also big factor as wind easily changes direction below 700 ft. Presence of nearby (2-3 miles) structures (buildings, trees, stadium light poles ect) gives more errors. Especially during take off and landing. It could easily account for the difference in results you have posted.
"Shiny" propellers better performance in single set of trials is questionable.
Repeat same test 5 times alternating props (using standard ones as well), calculate averages then result will be more or less scientific.

2-4 mph wind can easily give opposite results.....calculate averages then result will be more or less scientific.
Both were subjected to the same environmental factors, winds, cloud drafts, etc, yet they behaved differently.
I am not trying to compare to stock props as I believe they are rubbish.
I am not trying to sell anything here or influence anyone.
I am merely sharing my experience to those that may be interested.

Here is a comparison between these two brands of folding Carbon Fiber props for the Inspire 2.
Both brands are available from Florida Drone Supply.
Prices shown are current as of the writing of this comparison and may change.
View attachment 17363
View attachment 17364
View attachment 17365
View attachment 17366
People like you make me feel bad about myself. When I read amazing posts like this I realize how much info I get and how little I give back in comparison. My New Years resolution will be to change that. I think in this case I am particularly grateful as I spend a lot of time in all the forums as I own many airframes. What I have noticed is that the inspire 2 and especially the X5S forums are almost dead in comparison. I am guessing that once you get to the $6,000 spending mark most need less info. I have been searching for all kinds of extra tips and reviews for I2 and x5s and usually get only I1 and 5r advice. I myself have had more than a few " most popular post" and sometimes they only consist of 4 or 5 comments. Sure hope that changes! Again, thanks for this fantastic post.

Both were subjected to the same environmental factors, winds, cloud drafts, etc, yet they behaved differently.
--(I think in my post it is well proven to be untrue)
I am not trying to compare to stock props as I believe they are rubbish.
--(Any real reason for that?)
I am not trying to sell anything here or influence anyone.
--(What then?)
I am merely sharing my experience to those that may be interested
--(So did I, why question my opinion?) .

• Respectfully, only shared skeptical view on scientific validity of your post.
  • Your amateur testing is based on too little evidences without proper trials
  • Ignoring others reasoning and simply saying "I believe" will not remove the margin of error
  • Saying again it was "same environmental factors, winds, cloud drafts, etc" will not make it true
"it is precisely facts that do not exist, only interpretations…"
Friedrich Nietzsche​

Being a Remote Pilot is great, but consider getting a pilot's license.
Airmen Certificate never expires it's life long achievement. You will join one of the biggest community of the enthusiasts in the country with unlimited potential for personal growth. And trust me there never be a dull moment. It is not as expensive as you think and you can take lessons at your own pace. Health is not an issue for most as long as you can drive a car.
Start by taking introductory flight lesson at the airport nearby, you can check AOPA website for one. I think AOPA still sponsors them too.
I have done that 25 years ago and never looked back. Sky's make everyone a better person, I believe that...

I would love to have a full pilots license! It would open up many more proffesional opportunities for me as it would give me more freedoms within my UAV aerial cinematography business. Not to mention the never expire thing. The problem is this and as a pilot I think you will agree. A very good friend of mine that is a pilot told me that if you are not passionate about flying you shouldn't. And I am not at all passionate or even interested in flying. And although I thoroughly enjoy ever minute that I am flying my many aerial platforms, I can't say that I am passionate about it. What I am passionate about is Aerial Cinematography and flying drones is how I achieve it. In other words my drones are my axe. Now, if I could get a Airmens certificate without having to actual fly I would do it. But I don't believe that is possible? So, I ask you a VERY sincere question. Based on what I have just said, would you still encourage me to pursue that or would you agree with friend?
Thanks, rb

Hmm, there are expedited courses in Florida 3-5K about 4 weeks, you need to have passed written exam before you go.
It will get you private pilot's license SEL (single engine land).

Most aerial photography is done from Cessna 172RG, that is the metropolitan areas of U.S. Google maps as you see.
Don't say you not interested in flying, talking from the perspective of the airline passenger. Your friend is right and wrong at the same time. Passion definition also might change your perspective. Do you want the surgeon that is passionate about his job to operate on you? Probably not. Professional and involved in what they do, that kind of passion pilots have. It is something you acquire over time as you learn, make mistakes and get over them. I was training a student who became a private pilot at the age of 65, he's been flying for 5 years now and saying that "new horizons opened for me and I got married because of that".
Do I think that most people are qualified to be pilots? No, it requires self discipline and certain amount of dedication. Not everybody are capable of that. But if you are lucky enough to become one, besides being able to fly, you will be able to make a lot of new friends, which is not easy as time comes by.
My advice would to give it a try with introductory lesson, talk with your flight instructor and see it for yourself.

Since you already like the aerial photography, you might as well enjoy the front row, that's what flying is.

Although I am mostly hired for more low cinematic work 15 -100ft it would be great to explore "new horizons". That said in my younger days I did spent a good deal of time strapped in with 1 foot in and the other out on the skid of a very small chopper shooting indutrail stuff for cities and that was about as exciting as it gets! Another friend use to put a camera in the tail of his Cessna and then roll the film backwards. It was breathtaking stuff. Here in Upstate New York there are a few places that offer lessons, I will certainly look into a SEL.
In the meantime, I very much appreciate your thoughtful replys n5101.

Enjoy the skys and be safely!
rb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu