Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Comparison Review of the X5R

Just read this article comparing the X5R to other commonly used cinema cameras:

How Does the Osmo RAW Compare to Professional Cinema Cameras? | cinema5D

Thoughts and discussion?

Good review. The comments about rolling shutter are noted but I've never seen a hint of it in my X5R footage, from OSMO or my I1 Pro.

As far as the low light performance comments, I don't have a lot of experience there as I do most of my shooting in daylight, but it is notable that above 800 ISO should be generally avoided and it wasn't the worst of the cameras they tested, for what that's worth.

Overall a pretty fair review I'd say.

Reactions: Ingus
I would agree that the review does seem fairly balanced. I just wish DJI would refine their products before spewing them into the marketplace. I'm still a bit stunned by the pricing of the SSD and that there hasn't been aftermarket competitors looking to get a slice of that pie.

Reactions: southerndoug
I would agree that the review does seem fairly balanced. I just wish DJI would refine their products before spewing them into the marketplace. I'm still a bit stunned by the pricing of the SSD and that there hasn't been aftermarket competitors looking to get a slice of that pie.

I don't think the issue is that competitors aren't looking to get a slice of the X5R SSD pie, I think the issue is that the SSDs are proprietary formatted to effectively prevent 3rd party options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan