Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Compass Calibration

Reaction score
I've just received my inspire and updated the firmware, I've done all the other calibrations etc and before my first flight did a compass calibration.

The first few times it said compass error so tried again, eventually it went through.

My first two set of numbers is around +/- 450 and the second set around +/- 1500 is this ok?

When doing a compass calibration is it ok to just hold the inspire and I turn around rather than just turning the craft?

I've just received my inspire and updated the firmware, I've done all the other calibrations etc and before my first flight did a compass calibration.

The first few times it said compass error so tried again, eventually it went through.

My first two set of numbers is around +/- 450 and the second set around +/- 1500 is this ok?

When doing a compass calibration is it ok to just hold the inspire and I turn around rather than just turning the craft?
If it took several goes to get a calibration I would try a different location, sounds like there might be something at your location throwing the compass off. Go to the middle of a field far away from power lines and anything metal. Concrete surfaces are not good due to its metal reinforcing. It should take first time really.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Flight logs are clear. Showed no errors or issues during flight. My issue occurred around 80 ft and nearly over the home point. Compass calibration and IMU numbers all appear in range. However, if hit the check IMU button it comes back as needs calibration.
This is the first time you have mentioned IMU in your posts.
You started by saying you had compass calibration issues.
What are your IMU mod values at rest? (Accelerometer and Gyro)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa