Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Complete Power Loss

Regardless. The crash hit the back end HARD and split the lower airframe in half and tore the tail light assembly cable clean in half (which is only the start of my issues) so I can't even get the tail light assembly to power on to grab the logs.

A tear down and exam has found:

2 x new landing gear assemblies
1 x airframe lower cover
1 x gimbal cables
1 x X5 vibration board/gimbal
1 x new stickers
1 x airframe tag
1 x tail light and cable

$310 AUD

As the dude in Chernobyl would say.... $310, not good but not terrible. Now I just have to wait for it all to arrive and hopefully work out how to reassemble it all. Luckily I took LOADS of photos.
There is a log file with a lot of info on your phone/tablet.

But from what you are saying I asume you are not using airdata.com for monitoring the data after each flight. It is highly recomended to use such a service so to avoid things that could happen in your next flight and all logs are automatically uploaded from your device to the web service. You just have to take tour time to examine them.

I always look in to the logs after the day I fly. Primary for how the battery is depleted trough the flight as well the cells deviations. Also for any warnings that can be missed while in flight. This way I know which batteries are not reliable for certain type of flights usually where a high power peak output may be needed at certain moment which could cause battery with high cell deviation to shutdown and if the battery have some noticable cell deviations in previous flights I don't use it in such of conditions as high winds or if I need a high speed flight. For those I only use the most reliable ones which usually are the newest.

I recommend you or someone with experience in log monitoring to examine your last flight as there still may be a problem somewhere in the system. If so after you rebuild the inspire it will definitely do the same in the next flight with similar conditions.

Regardless. The crash hit the back end HARD and split the lower airframe in half and tore the tail light assembly cable clean in half (which is only the start of my issues) so I can't even get the tail light assembly to power on to grab the logs.

A tear down and exam has found:

2 x new landing gear assemblies
1 x airframe lower cover
1 x gimbal cables
1 x X5 vibration board/gimbal
1 x new stickers
1 x airframe tag
1 x tail light and cable

$310 AUD

As the dude in Chernobyl would say.... $310, not good but not terrible. Now I just have to wait for it all to arrive and hopefully work out how to reassemble it all. Luckily I took LOADS of photos.

When you get it all put back together, I would do an extensive performance test at very low altitude until you are reasonably sure no electronics were damaged but visually undetectable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool