Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Conspicuous absence?

Reaction score
Website
www.jamesdeankersten.com
Does anyone else find DJI's absence at InterDrone conspicuous, even puzzling. I've been hearing a lot of uncomfortable speculation on the floor.

One would think they would be THE major presence or at least have the major keynote address.

One of the main reasons I came was to actually get a chance to speak with a DJI employee, since getting ahold of one through their site is so challenging.

They were a no-show at the Los Angeles one too last December. Given how they keep their LA service shop off limits to customers, it doesn't surprise me they do not want to answer questions or address concerns. Trying to find their main USA office is difficult too as they seem to move a lot. If you look at their hiring website, they have a lot of jobs open so that could be part of it too.

I was watching a video link off the Phantom site here: DJI Quality Control Discussed.

where the two in China talk about DJI quality for maybe a third of the video and how it is absent in China. In the USA, they leave it to the stores to warranty the items. Personally, I would never buy from the DJI Chinese storefront.

I've often thought the DJI quality control was pretty bad overall given the number of returns I've made of defective gear, and maybe 50% of their products have issues too if one looks, but the video seems to point to more issues in China where they treat non-working as disposable and no warranty both. Their firmware and software matters are another reason for concern too.

Last edited:
While DJI does not have an exhibit there is DJI involvement and representation in many sessions throughout the day. In 15 minutes is a DJI session on the future of DJI's SDKs. Romeo Durscher of DJI had a few sessions yesterday and has a keynote tomorrow. Many of DJI's speakers are roaming and are more than happy to connect. If you'd like us to make introductions feel free to PM and we can work to connect you with some of the DJI folk on site this week here at InterDrone.

Does anyone else find DJI's absence at InterDrone conspicuous, even puzzling. I've been hearing a lot of uncomfortable speculation on the floor.

One would think they would be THE major presence or at least have the major keynote address.

One of the main reasons I came was to actually get a chance to speak with a DJI employee, since getting ahold of one through their site is so challenging.
How is this Inspire 2 related? :confused:
Moved to General section

As Advexure said, DJI was at Interdrone...just in a different capacity than before. Stephanie was in our booth for a few hours on Wednesday, for example. I don't remember them having a booth at Interdrone last year, either. Trade shows are funny animals. They're expensive to attend, and it's VERY difficult to attach a meaningful ROI to the expense. In the end, companies often paint themselves into a corner regarding trade shows where -- as the OP alludes to -- their absence from a show is noted more than their presence. It could just be that they didn't book a booth space because they knew they didn't have anything new to show so there was a better way to spend limited marketing funds. Interestingly, I had that same conversation with eight exhibitors at Interdrone, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes in attendance.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy